Currently I own a randall rh200sc head and a crate gs412 cab and its allright but its more for metal and not that versitile. So i was at guitar center the other day and ive seen valvekings all over but never played one, then i played the 112. And i was blown away, i loved it.

But, will it be loud enough for gigging/practice?

I play in a band with a loud drummer and a bass player who insist on being the loudest.

Will the one 12 inch speaker be loud enough, or should i save up and get something else?

And, if i do get it, should i get a bad monkey, or a turbo tube screamer?

thanks guys

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

50 watts is more than enough for gigging. You can also hook it up to your cab if the ohms match.

Valvekings love bad monkeys.
50 watts tube is plenty. it should cover any small/club sized gig you get (without a mic)
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Valveking112 will def be loud enough and yes an OD pedal of some sort will rock out.

Speaker swap at some point may help as well as tube swap but imo not necessary for now.

Bad Monkey OD is only $50 and would be a priority over the above swaps but that is my opinion.

If you do need to hook up to Cab on the 112 you will lose internal speaker.
On 212 you have the additional option of 16, 8 or 4 ohms for Cab which might help but the 112 can stand alone.

It will take some time to tweak this b*tch I can tell you that patience is a virtue.

311zoso
^Personally I think speaker above all else, but if you actually like the stock speaker atm then why not? Get the OD.
Quote by gtr_101
But, will it be loud enough for gigging/practice?

How well does your current amp hold up? Do you need it at full blast to keep up with your bandmates, or do you keep the master down around halfway or less? Because if you need to crank a 200W SS halfstack to cut thru the mix, you may really need to go for the 100W 2x12 VK. Or better yet, maybe go for the VK head (also 100W) to stick on top of your Crate cab.

And you should probably do earplug givaways at your shows.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
How well does your current amp hold up? Do you need it at full blast to keep up with your bandmates, or do you keep the master down around halfway or less? Because if you need to crank a 200W SS halfstack to cut thru the mix, you may really need to go for the 100W 2x12 VK. Or better yet, maybe go for the VK head (also 100W) to stick on top of your Crate cab.

And you should probably do earplug givaways at your shows.

no, its usually from 4-6.

^then 50 watts is fine
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Allright thanks guys, im gonna get the VK112, along with the footswitch and a bad monkey. To bad guitar center doesnt talk down anymore =[, eh maybe i can get em to go cheaper.

mines only 10% off... =[. im gonna get the peavey footswitch and the bad monkey

I have been wondering if I should go tube yet. I have only been playing for around 2 years. I am a rythm player, but I need to work on my timing, and my lead work is non-existent. Obviously I don't gig. I plan to though when I get good enough.

I was thinking about staying SS for now, and then when I get good enough to gig, THEN worry about tube.

^Is this okay for now do you think?

So how will I know if I'm ready to go tube?
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.