Page 1 of 3
Before you read this understand I am not a racist.

I was thinking the other day why do we never hear about Africa in history until they got ****ed over by Europe? How come there are you big name African explores and big name African Empire? How come Europe had a lot more advanced technology then Africa? How were the vikings exploring 500 years prior to Europe ****ing over Africa and yet they still where not exploring? How did Africa let it self get to where it is now cause there is not a day that goes by were you don't see starving children and children forced to fight in Africa on T.V?

Please don't give me the oral history ****
Durka
at the back pack

Maybe they were lazy back then too...?
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
That's actually a pretty good question...

I don't know
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Its all about geography. Information travels better latitudenally, so Europe developed technologies (i.e. weapons) earlier. They travelled down to the Cape and whooped some Zulu ass.
Quote by josef_fritzl
because they were still apes back when we were developing europe and the americas.

According to modern theory's the human species started in west Africa
Durka
TS, it's good that you have these kinds of questions. These are for you to research yourself through reading historical and mythological texts. We can't answer them for you as gracefully as primary sources or explanations of primary sources can.

Quote by josef_fritzl
because they were still apes back when we were developing europe and the americas.

Shut the fuck up, you ignorant dimwit.

*reported*
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The Sahara Desert blocked any contact between Europe and middle to southern Africa. Since Europe was able to discover the Far East and develop technology amongst themselves quickly, they beat out Africa.
Idk but every now and then there are shows with people meeting tribes in Africa.. lol they work like 4-5 hours a day and the man of the hut-hold was smoking the rest of the day. They complained like the whole time they were skinning this tree.
I actually learned quite a deal about the Zulu, the Ghanan, and the Mali empires. Also about South Africa, Zimbabwe, and a bunch other African nations when I was in school. But it might be because I put extra effort into my studies.
There are like 0 natural resources, they still were trying to feed them selfs, much less develop technologies. Rocks no make great computahs.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
they try to cover it up, but the wheel was invented in africa at an estimated 1500-1600 AD

there inferior obviously and if they realized that they would blame it on the white man
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Quote by 14shadesofblue
they try to cover it up, but the wheel was invented in africa at an estimated 1500-1600 AD

there inferior obviously and if they realized that they would blame it on the white man

wtf lol? So much for the chariots in Egypt circa 4000 BC then huh?
Quote by imgooley
I actually learned quite a deal about the Zulu, the Ghanan, and the Mali empires. Also about South Africa, Zimbabwe, and a bunch other African nations when I was in school. But it might be because I put extra effort into my studies.

good for you.
Death Cube K

Quote by primusfan
i know an old lady who supports abortion because it's generally low-class black women getting it performed and for her the less inner-city black kids (or blacks in general) there are, the better.

Oh Damn
Quote by sacamano79
There are like 0 natural resources, they still were trying to feed them selfs, much less develop technologies. Rocks no make great computahs.

they have ALOT of dimonds, id think that that would be a good trading tool?
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
It basically had to do with agriculture. Once a society begins practicing farming instead of hunting and gathering food, larger villages, towns, and eventually cities begin to spring up, leading to an overall advancement of technology and society in general.

Europe and Asia (and to a lesser extent, North America) vary little in latitude, so climate was similar and crops could spread east to west (and vice-versa) very easily. Africa, on the other hand, varies greatly in latitude and climate, so there is great difficulty in moving crops from north to south or south to north.

Because of this, agriculture advanced much more rapidly in Europe and Asia, and consequently cities grew up and technology advanced at a far greater pace than Africa.
kill all humans
because the Europoeans were obsessed with imperialism, which is a concept beyond the grasp of tribal communities
Quote by alaskan_ninja
It basically had to do with agriculture. Once a society begins practicing farming instead of hunting and gathering food, larger villages, towns, and eventually cities begin to spring up, leading to an overall advancement of technology and society in general.

Europe and Asia (and to a lesser extent, North America) vary little in latitude, so climate was similar and crops could spread east to west (and vice-versa) very easily. Africa, on the other hand, varies greatly in latitude and climate, so there is great difficulty in moving crops from north to south or south to north.

Because of this, agriculture advanced much more rapidly in Europe and Asia, and consequently cities grew up and technology advanced at a far greater pace than Africa.

well half of russia is ice so that wouldnt really work while most of africa has a tropical weather(aside the deserts), which is optimal for growing most foods.
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Quote by 14shadesofblue

So the wheel was invented only 400-500 years ago? Did the Romans actually have squares and not wheels on their chariots?
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Quote by alaskan_ninja

This, in a nutshell.
Quote by imgooley

Translation:

I had know friends in school so consoled myself alone in the library reading obscure articles about black men who wandered around in miniskirts with erratic body piercing tendencies. My increased knowledge of this subservient culture still did not garner me any friends so I know boast about it to strangers on the internet.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
wtf lol? So much for the chariots in Egypt circa 4000 BC then huh?

talking about west africa the part that got pooped on
Durka
Quote by RiseAgainst
So the wheel was invented only 400-500 years ago? Did the Romans actually have squares and not wheels on their chariots?

He meant IN AFRICA, not in Rome
Quote by josef_fritzl
Translation:

I had know friends in school so consoled myself alone in the library reading obscure articles about black men who wandered around in miniskirts with erratic body piercing tendencies. My increased knowledge of this subservient culture still did not garner me any friends so I know boast about it to strangers on the internet.

you really are a dick aren't you.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by whitebluesboy
Africa was actually once a very vertile land but terrible farming techniques and foolish leaders turned it into the Africa must of us know today.

Wrong. The white man colonized Africa back in the day. Africans used to live in high and dry places to escape malarial mosquitoes. As soon as they were forced into dense populations by happy Dutch people, malaria spread like mad.
Quote by josef_fritzl
Translation:

Translation:
Durrrrr Durrrr wat is lerning lol
Quote by DeadMeadow
He meant IN AFRICA, not in Rome

Like I already said there is proof the wheel existed in Egypt over 6000 years ago..possibly longer- and that is in Africa.
my science teacher said africa is home to some of the most fertile land in the world

a little off topic, but i saw this article saying black people arent as smart but then when people flipped out he said he didnt mean it like that or something....

well anyways black people (GENERALLY [DEFINITELY NOT ALWAYS]) being not as smart as asians or whites is not very hard to believe. THe possibility of Africans generally having smaller brains is like asians having squinty eyes - it just is (MAYBE IM NOT SAYING FOR SURE).

and also i dont like when people say "whites" because a lot of white people are completely different from others. For Example, Scottish people have red hair and freckles, and Russians have dark hair and are pale. White people arent all one race

but ya anyways I think that Africans were just happy making babies all year long, living in mud huts and getting polio vaccines which turned into aids.
Quote by josef_fritzl
Translation:

You have no idea what you are talking about. I'm Black, and am interested in my cultural history, as most people are.

Consider yourself *reported*
Off topic but does anyone find it funny that one of the few African countries to fight the Europeans and win was Ethiopia.
Death Cube K

Quote by primusfan
i know an old lady who supports abortion because it's generally low-class black women getting it performed and for her the less inner-city black kids (or blacks in general) there are, the better.

Oh Damn
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Like I already said there is proof the wheel existed in Egypt over 6000 years ago..possibly longer- and that is in Africa.

That is irrevelant I was talking about what HE meant, not what you read, and I am not claiming the word he types as truth.
actually, during the European "Middle Ages" the Ghana empire was the most technologically-advanced empire in the world. Yep, they even beat the damned Chinese. Now, keep in mind they didn't hold that spot for very long (historically speaking, mind you).

But yeah, it's mostly because they don't teach in school because we in the new world (and obviously in Europe) are predominately European. The winners always tell their side of the story.
Page 1 of 3