im 13, im in a metal band, i have an ibanez rg350dx, 400$ is my budget, i need a tube amp that goes good with metal and loud enough for gigging. thank you (ps. i play thrash/deathmetal/rock so it needs to have decent sound in all aspects even clean, and no over 400$ pls) combo amp probably------ ok i think i came down to the line 6 spider3 120 watt(solid state), valve king 112 50watt, crate v50 50 watt, flexwave 120 watt (solid state), b-52 100 used head (but if my budget is 400 how will i get a cabinet), please help me, this is very important. thank you
Last edited by jdog_has_ibanez at Jun 11, 2008,
Um, dont waste your money on music equipment. Buy a shotgun and blow your brains out. You shouldnt be experimenting with music, you should be experimenting with your penis. When I was 12 I murdered my mom.
well done brandon, you earned yourself a *report*

edit: he beat me. make that two.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
like everyone else here, the valveking 112 is the sickest tube amp for >400. Nothing can beat it for that price. and it kicks ass for metal too, the distortion on it is GODLY
Quote by xXa7Xx
like everyone else here, the valveking 112 is the sickest tube amp for >400. Nothing can beat it for that price. and it kicks ass for metal too, the distortion on it is GODLY

Uh..no. It's definitely not "the sickest tube amp for >400". It's good, but nothing special. You could get a considerably higher end amp by utilizing the used market.
brandon you got your ass reported by 3 people. go get a life you queer, and i bet thats asking for to much biootch
Quote by brandon_
Um, dont waste your money on music equipment. Buy a shotgun and blow your brains out. You shouldnt be experimenting with music, you should be experimenting with your penis. When I was 12 I murdered my mom.

Crap, I thought we got rid of you back in april.

Oh well, *reported*
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah i personally don't really like the valvekings tone... but thats just me, but for 400$. But 50 watts of an a/b tube amp will be plenty loud enough. It can probably do some metal on its own, but for of the crunchier stuff an OD or distortion pedal could be used to push it almost anywhere you could possibly want it to go.

but for that price range and loud enough to gig with i don't see many other options. And your 12? holy hell, and in and already playing for people? props to ya, lol makes me wish i started playing before i was 18.

Maybe the crate V series 50 watter...and the only other thing that looked loud enough that i saw was one of those pignose's but this doesn't look like it has a gain channel, and i havn't ever used the crate. The valveking definately looks like your best bet
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Last edited by ICANSEEYOU7687 at Jun 11, 2008,
the head? maybe used. easier finding a b-52 combo used in that price range. but then he would also have to buy a cab. And he might have trouble moving all that around tbh...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Last edited by ICANSEEYOU7687 at Jun 11, 2008,