Okay. I have a pool and I need to know how far (in feet) I swim everyday. My pool has a CIRCUMFRENCE of 24 feet. I try to swim 20 laps nonstop everyday. I forget the formula you use to figure this out. Could someone please try to do this for me?
Thank You.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Lol, you mean perimeter, not circumference. It is a rectangle so 2 sides are the same and 2 are different. How are you lapping this? Back and forth or around?
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
C = pi*D
==> 24 = pi*D
==> D = 24/pi = 7.64 feet.

Quote by swordsrkewl
Lol, you mean perimeter, not circumference. It is a rectangle so 2 sides are the same and 2 are different. How are you lapping this? Back and forth or around?

He probably has a round pool, hence the usage of circumference rather than perimeter.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
C = pi*D
==> 24 = pi*D

He probably has a round pool, hence the usage of circumference rather than perimeter.

Win.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
WOW
nice darkstar
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
WOW
nice darkstar

... I learned that in 5th grade and you should have too?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
C = 2pi(r)
24 = pi*D
D = 24/pi = 7.64 ft
20 laps x 7.64 = 152.8 feet.

this is assuming your pool is a circle and you are swimming across the diameter of it and assuming going from one end of the pool to the other end is 1 lap.
so you need the diameter?

D= (c/π(2)

D=diameter

c=circumference

π=pi

fixed, someone just go and bash me if i'm wrong

it's not that hard, i got it by logic

Edit: if you aren't smart enough, i'll explan you

that formula gives you the radius, you multiply it by 20 and you get the answer
Last edited by deluxity at Jun 11, 2008,
Quote by darkstar2466
C = pi*D
==> 24 = pi*D

If one lap is only 7.64 feet that is the smallest pool I've ever heard of. You could literally just push off one side and touch the other side in under a couple seconds.
My Pool is round...
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
idk, i always did laps at our community pool. 25 meters per length, 50 per lap [one lap being down and back]

during lifeguard training, we were supposed to do a 500 meter every day during the course, including saturdays (30 days worth).

on the last day i was 10 days behind, so yeah. if you ever swim 5k, eat the biggest steak you can find, you deserve it.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
If one lap is only 7.64 feet that is the smallest pool I've ever heard of. You could literally just push off one side and touch the other side in under a couple seconds.

Less than that. I'm about 6 feet tall. Yao Ming wouldn't fit in that pool length-wise.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
no, i am swimming AROUND it... LAPS... my pool is a circle...
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
Quote by MeltingWaxFace

this guy speaks truth. ok so maybe the TS is swimming along the circumference of the pool so then you equation would be x = 20 x 24...woah..difficult..

EDIT: ok so the TS did mean this. im amazed you couldnt figure out that if one lap is 24 feet then 20 laps is 20 x 24. which btw is 480 feet
I don't think you should be doing laps in a kiddy pool TS. Go to an actual pool- the type where you actually have to swim to do a lap. If it is 7.4 feet from one side to the other then I'm guessing its one of those inflatable ones that is 2-3 feet deep?
all 20 laps are 480 feet, because if you swim around it and the circumference is 24 feet (circumference is distance around) then 20x24 is 480.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Well- if you're swimming around it 20 times and its 24 feet around then just multiply 20 by 24.

MAYBE... i didnt mean circumfrence...
it is 24 feet across...
I'm sorry, i used the wrong word lol... i'm dumb
so... 12 feet radius... (round pool)
20 laps
i guess you have to figure out the circumfrence then x by 20
lol i apologize. my bad
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
I don't think you should be doing laps in a kiddy pool TS. Go to an actual pool- the type where you actually have to swim to do a lap. If it is 7.4 feet from one side to the other then I'm guessing its one of those inflatable ones that is 2-3 feet deep?

lol yeah sorry. it's no kiddy pool.
24 feet from one side to the other. not 24 feet circumfrence... sorry
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
It looks like the threadstarter did not attend elementary school.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
It looks like the threadstarter did not attend elementary school.

Y'know. Pepople like you are the reason people like me get banned from UG.
It was a stupid mistake. I corrected myself. Sorry.
Damn.
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
Quote by soulflyV
Well going by new info, TS, you do roughly 1507.2 feet.

Okay. Thank you so much. Sorry again for my dumb ass. lol
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev