Ok, so I have two issues. First, this is my bands current setlist. Our first show should be around mid July. I want constructive criticism and some ideas for other songs. Also, this is not the order we are going to play the songs.

Santeria-Sublime
Wonderwall-Oasis
Best I Am- Flaw
Mr. Jones- Counting Crows
Bullet With Butterfly Wings- Smashing Pumpkins
Cold- Crossfade
Follow- Breaking Benjamin
Rock N' Me- Steve Miller Band
Shallow- Porcupine Tree
Breakfast at Tiffany's- Deep Blue Something
Hemorrhage- Fuel
Wild Nights- John Mellencamp
Semi-Charmed Kind of Life- Third Eye Blind
3 Originals (prog rock but very catchy)

Now, my second issue. Today the band was supposed to practice but the drummer called and said he was too tired. I was a little disappointed because he knew this was an important practice for us. This is the first time he does this but I just don't want it to keep happening.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
Last edited by Quark Soup at Jun 11, 2008,
I'd say that's a pretty damn good setlist, I love that you have Semi-Charmed kind of Life in there, what a great, happy song. The only thing is that I would integrate your originals among the covers, rather than just having a chunk of them at the end. Pick out your rock'nist song and save it for last. Good luck man.
Oh **** I just read that thats not the order your playing them in, nevermind the part about that then.
nice setlist! well, you should have a word with the drummer and you should tell him that being in a band is not about not coming to practice. You must always be there or cancel it a week in advance...
I would say far too many covers compared to originals, but then again it IS the first show. What's the venue, by the way? Is it a pub, or something like that? Cause what set to play depends on the venue as well.

And I wouldn't worry too much about that, the guy was probably genuinely tired. IF it happens again, then question his commitment.
Good set list, if you can get someone to film your originals then that would be intresting.

Don't automaticaly assume that your drummer has commitment issues because eh said he was tired once. He could have had a genuine reason why he was tired, it could have been any number of things. The only time i would talk to him about it was after he ended up doing it a second or third time.
Quote by Adarsh
I would say far too many covers compared to originals, but then again it IS the first show. What's the venue, by the way? Is it a pub, or something like that? Cause what set to play depends on the venue as well.

And I wouldn't worry too much about that, the guy was probably genuinely tired. IF it happens again, then question his commitment.

Our first show is at a bar. The people people over there like a lot of classic rock and 90's music. So this setlist should fit them very well. Some of these songs my friend and I have already played at our acoustic show and they go over very well with the crowd.

The other bar we plan to play at is more of a metal place so we're coming up with a setlist for that sort of atmosphere.
Member #9 of the Carvin club