Hello,I have the Crybaby GCB-95 wah but I wanted to ask,Is the Vox wah better?I need some suggestions so that I could sell the crybaby and buy the Vox.Also,why when I have my sound distorted the "wah effect" doesn't sound as loud as when I'm playing clean?
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
It depends what kind of sound your going for. some people swear by Vox others say it's terrible in comparison to the cry baby. might have to try it out.

well the volume of the wah effect being louder when clean than distorted could depend on a few factors.one being if you have a different EQ setting for your distorted channel. or if your getting your distortion through a pedal try switching and moving the two pedals around in your chain, you might get a better response.
Yeah, I agree with Cobalt Blue on both counts. There are amazing guitarists who use Crybaby wahs exclusively and there are amazing guitarists who love the Vox. As far as the distortion/wah thing goes, if the distortion is before the wah, it messes with the signals. Ideally, you'd want to go amp, wah, dist., guitar. Or, if you leave out the distortion and just crank the amp, you'll get that classic wah without anything muddying it up.
Thank you...I will try out both.
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
IMO, the Vox sounds pretty weak. the studio i play in has both crybaby and vox wah. i prefer the crybaby.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC