Hi everyone I have a question about chords.
I have a LOT of tabs in this format:
http://www.jitapu.com/tabs/tabImg/81/20060704040736.gif

I was wondering if anyone could help me decipher what rhythm to play it?
By the looks of it, it seems as if I'm supposed to play the stroke upwards, then a double stroke upwards?

Also, is this a specific "style" of guitar tab? Because every where else, I see tabs are written differently

Thanx alot!

PS. yes, its written in Chinese but the diagrams are word-free so I gess that won't make it too hard
Im baffled on what this is...
Some far eastern language by the looks.
Id say to search for a new format if you could
i sat there staring at it, got ideas of what it could mean but then the next line would contradict it lol GOD DAMN lol

i think the numbers are what strings u pluck as it only goes to 6

it still uses the same note values

and number 1 = G string
2 = B string
3 = high e
4= E
5 = A
6 = D

thats maybe
It looks just like a 1-2& rhythm... all played on down strokes except for at the DS where its the triplets...I dunno, it makes sense to me.. except the arabic numerals above the chinese looking characters.. I'm assuming it has something to do with the measures/count... I don't know.

Oh! Nevermind! I think I know what it is! It's the melody!! They're using a modified solfeg system (do re mi fa so la ti do) except 1=do 2=re, etc etc. And so 1=G 2=A 3=B 4=C 5=D 6=E 7=F# 8=G(octave)
Last edited by JahCohBee at Jun 11, 2008,
Hmmm i've read all the words but all they are are:
-the song's composer and lyric writer
-the site where they're from
-and the lyrics

So that would mean that the language has nothing to do with how to play it, its possibly only a regional difference in how the tab is made lol

Any ideas at how to play it?
At all??

EDIT: Lol thanx. I just noticed the "Arabic looking characters" and I also have NO idea what they are.
Hmmmm the biggest question is - why are there upwards arrows if they're all downward strokes?
Last edited by vietpanda at Jun 11, 2008,
its chinese style rhythm slashes i have seen them bfore, but i dont know how to read them!
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Yep, I think you're right about the numbers and the solfeg system

Ok I've looked at it again, and now I find that there are also downward arrows lol
OH i kinda geddit - downward arrows should mean upward strokes cos of the inverted diagrams in tabs :O

Also, I've downloaded the guitar sound file
http://www.jitapu.com/tabPages/81/gtp20061325101344.htm
Go there and click the button if you wanna download it too
You'll need guitarPro or TuxGuitar or a similar program to open it

It seems that two beats of the same chord can have a different tone
For the music pros: what could that suggest?
Could an upward stroke give a different tone?
Last edited by vietpanda at Jun 11, 2008,
Woah.. It's UG in chinese! That's neat! Well good luck with that! I'm goin' to bed!
Damn,I'm a Chinese and even I don't understand what that means.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Hahahaha
Hmmm it might help if someone could post an mp3/vid of them trying to play the song?
Here is the original band playing this song:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUwKOoKFf78

I'll post a sound clip of me playing it sometime soon (not right now because you'll all laugh at how bad i am )

Oh and thanks to everyone who contributed! Much appreciated
I was looking at it for 5 minutes and couldn't figure it out. But then it hit me.

Maybe its the blow holes for a harmonica. The numbers with the dots underneath is drawing, while no dot underneath the number is a blow. Only know because I tried learning harmonica once.
Quote by delirious.y
I was looking at it for 5 minutes and couldn't figure it out. But then it hit me.

Maybe its the blow holes for a harmonica. The numbers with the dots underneath is drawing, while no dot underneath the number is a blow. Only know because I tried learning harmonica once.

LADIES AND GENTLE MEN HE HAS IT i started humming it out in my head and the notes suit the rhythm and what not CONGRATULATIONS
Quote by delirious.y

I just asked my mum and she said that the dot below the number means to play the note at the lower octave, without a dot meaning to play in the medium octave, and the dot above to mean a higher octave :O
But she had NO idea at what the arrows and "Arabic" characters meant, which I think you guys figured out so thanx :P

Hmmmm I think its pretty much figured out now - but it still sounds a bit weird when I play it.
Maybe because its the first song i've ever played
I'll send a clip soon wen I have it practiced
The chinese have some unusual stringed instruments they play. Is it something thats been converted to guitar. When I get a chance Ill have my fiance look at it shes chinese and used to play piano. The chinese characters dont work on my computer Ill have to get my other one out that has chinese in it.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Jun 11, 2008,
My fiance says its a folk song from fujian province. As for the strange way of tablature no idea. Ive seen some chinese stuff that had the tablature like we are used to with numbers. This just has the rhythm. The extra numbers under the tab are for another instrument could be a erhu. Probably is the erhu I was looking at another site and thats the tab that thing uses.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Jun 11, 2008,
Woooo I definitely figured out the high/low chords thing guys!

After reading the guitarPro file, I realised that some strokes of the chord are high and some are low because it goes:

single downward stroke of 3rd, 4th, 5th string

double downward stroke of 4th, 5th and 6th string

Probably extremely confusing because it doesn't say so on the tab that i put up originally
Lmao Bloody Good Question... My advice is stick to using Ultimate-Guitar tabs! Lol
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar