i am putting a set of Seymour Duncan AHB1 blackouts in my ibanez S470 very soon. it says in the specs that the blackouts aren't splittable and my guitar has a 5 way switch with a single coil in the middle. i never use the single coil so would i just have to leave it in there inactive? and what about the 5 way switch? eek
you should not mix actives with passives. try using the Dimarzio D-Activators instead. or replace your 5 way switch with a 3 way switch and remover the single coil.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
you can mix actives and passives you just need seperate volume controls, or so i hear.

TS: i'd swap them straight out and i think you'd need a dual pot for the HBs then take the signal to the switch, and have the volume for the single before the switch too, then a master tone just before the jack

if you need it, i'll do a diagram

EDIT: that may all be BS afterall, active single coil ftw?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Last edited by stevo_epi_SG_wo at Jun 11, 2008,
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
you can mix actives and passives you just need seperate volume controls, or so i hear.

TS: i'd swap them straight out and i think you'd need a dual pot for the HBs then take the signal to the switch, and have the volume for the single before the switch too, then a master tone just before the jack

if you need it, i'll do a diagram

diagram would be great thanx

but im thinking of leaving the single coil there but unwired and it would only be there for looks.
Quote by samlocke14
diagram would be great thanx

but im thinking of leaving the single coil there but unwired and it would only be there for looks.

the duncan website has the wiring diagram.
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2_blackouts_1v_1t_3w
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC