ok, so Im listening to some old school silverchair (suicidal dream) and i figure i check out one oftheir new songs (straight lines) and Im like "wtf?"
is it just me or did they sellout?
and the singer dude? c'mon man he looks like a completely different person
compared to his old pics
frogstomp is possibly their best album
thoughts?
I love old silverchair!!!
The new stuff is just terrible though
Check out the Neon Ballroom album, its their best by far.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
I love old silverchair!!!
The new stuff is just terrible though
Check out the Neon Ballroom album, its their best by far.

indeed I shall
I really really like old Silverchair, and still like the new Silverchair but not as much. Neon Ballroom was my favourite album.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

what about
"ana's song"
I swear im the only person in this city who likes that song
maybe bad judgement on my part but whatever
silverchair rocks
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Bands change sometimes not always for the better.

I'm just tired of bands selling out on their fans
Every album theyve released has been in line with the popular trend. I used to live around the corner from the drummer when I was a kid, its a shame that theyve always been the record companies bitches.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Every album theyve released has been in line with the popular trend. I used to live around the corner from the drummer when I was a kid, its a shame that theyve always been the record companies bitches.

it seems as though back in the day (back when weed was grass) rock was Rock y'know
now it's a total business with all these corporate bitches ruining the music
seriously where is the real rock on the radio nowadays?
c'mon pit we gotta collaborate here
They sold out, it sucks i know. Old stuff is a billion times better than new.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by EkGunz_19
it seems as though back in the day (back when weed was grass) rock was Rock y'know

i agree with this comment +1000, stupid money music, (thats what i call it)
Quote by EkGunz_19

The music industry has always been like that. Nobody started the business so musicians could make a living, every industry revolves around making money. If an industry doesnt make money, that industry doesnt survive. Sure, it'd be great if prog rock, classic rock, instrumental and any other genre of music someone finds interesting was mainstream and constantly taken up by the music industry, but the fact is that that just doesn't sell.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
The music industry has always been like that. Nobody started the business so musicians could make a living, every industry revolves around making money. If an industry doesnt make money, that industry doesnt survive. Sure, it'd be great if prog rock, classic rock, instrumental and any other genre of music someone finds interesting was mainstream and constantly taken up by the music industry, but the fact is that that just doesn't sell.

that's horriblehttps://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif
Unhappy
I blame MTVhttps://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif
Angry
16 posts, and it's not closed? The mods are getting slow.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by Metallica708
16 posts, and it's not closed? The mods are getting slow.

No, we've just gotten a whole lot faster.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by EkGunz_19
what about
"ana's song"
I swear im the only person in this city who likes that song
maybe bad judgement on my part but whatever
silverchair rocks

hey that's one of my favourite silverchair songs.

and no, of course they didn't sell out. what a ridiculous thing to say. they were barely teenagers when they formed the band. their tastes are bound to have changed. I personally love new silverchair. their new stuff is much more unique than their old stuff in my opinion.
Quote by agreth_3rd
hey that's one of my favourite silverchair songs.

and no, of course they didn't sell out. what a ridiculous thing to say. they were barely teenagers when they formed the band. their tastes are bound to have changed. I personally love new silverchair. their new stuff is much more unique than their old stuff in my opinion.

if by 'unique' you mean "conformist" then yeah j/k
I just wish they would make an album like they used to
metallica too *t
Old Silverchair are ace. I only like Frogstomp and Freak Show. I can't believe they were only 14 and 15 when they made Frogstomp! But I really hate the newer stuff, IMO it sounds like some cheap boyband. Still, they are a good band though.
straight lines is good
in my opinion the rest of the albums not that great and they sold out
daniel johns (vocalist) was payed 1000 to wear one pear of sunnys at the arias (australian music awards) and not to take them off and he's sitting inside looking like a tool with sunnies on
sell ouuuut....
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by EkGunz_19
if by 'unique' you mean "conformist" then yeah j/k
I just wish they would make an album like they used to
metallica too *t

fair enough, straight lines is a pop song. but listen to the rest of the album. some of it is downright weird.

besides which, who's to say that silverchair aren't writing pop songs because they love pop music? you can't automatically assume that a band has sold out because their sound has become lighter and poppier.
*reported*

There is a Silverchair thread in the Modern Rock forum. Remember people, this is UG not just The Pit.

Venture outside once and a while.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!