Page 1 of 5
How’s the feeling of being married?

I have never been married and I still dislike getting married ,,,I know some people will say what about the children but children are not the only thing that satisfied parents there are many other things important in the life comparing to marriage..

Nietzsche said:

“if I have to choose between marriage and death probably I will chose marriage” so, for Nietzsche marriage and death are kind of same.
“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages’”

Hmmh
One approves of marriage firstly because one does not yet know it, secondly because one has got used to idea of it, thirdly because one is married-in almost every case, that is to say. And yet none of this is proof that marriage as such is a good thing.

If this thread does exist I am sorry ,,,,,,,,,,
People keep asking us where Paul is. That's a really funny question. See, if Paul was still in the band then we wouldn't have a new fucking record. That's why Paul isn't in the band anymore. (by Maynard James Keenan)
So... just what are you asking?
I don't intend to be married when I'm older, if that's the point O_O I see it as an outdated concept designed to oppress the woman.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I don't intend to be married when I'm older, if that's the point O_O I see it as an outdated concept designed to oppress the woman.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Dinkydaisy

i'm in bit of a confused state. i'm not too keen on the marriage thing. bt my girlfriend really wants a future with me. yes...she wants marriage in the end. i don't know. don't want to lose her but i'm not really all that hyped about getting married. little help?
Quote by Dinkydaisy

<Omri> I love trannys too..
Shut up ¬_¬

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy

Well!!! Go head and say what ever you want about marriage good or bad it's up to you

Maybe I may ask later some questions
People keep asking us where Paul is. That's a really funny question. See, if Paul was still in the band then we wouldn't have a new fucking record. That's why Paul isn't in the band anymore. (by Maynard James Keenan)
Marriage doesn't mean anything to me. The original idea behind marriage is to declare, in front of "god", that you will love the person you are with for life. Seeing as I don't believe in any kind of god, this makes the idea of marriage to me somewhat superfluous. And seeing as a lot of marriages don't last it does beg the question of how outdated marriage vows are in this day and age?

To me, it seems to be more about the event than about the joining of two people in the eyes of religion.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Quote by riti

I have never been married and I still dislike getting married

Quote by mustardman
Granted, they're crap, but they're decent.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Please explain how it does that...
Quote by mustardman
i don't want married really

and i definetly don't want kids
hate the little f***ers
lool
Top lel.
i dont wish to be married to some whiny bitch for the rest of my life. i also dont want to run the risk of ending up with children, annoying little ****s they are, man. sometimes i wish i could punch them, but i dont want to go to jail
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I personally wouldn't mind not being married. Because marriage is a huge expenditure and stuff, and you won't feel any different about a person just because you married them. And tbh, I'm afraid of even moving in with another person. I'm probably just paranoid because my parents have such a bad marriage, but I'm really afraid of sharing a space with someone. That's how relationships are broken (and possibly made).
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I'm a not a fan of marriage but I'm in favour of oppressing women. Where does that leave me?
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Feminist much?
Quote by denizenz
I love being married. It's the best thing that's happened to me, and I am who I am today because of my wife.

Mine has turned my life around, gawd bless her!! Finding the right one is the hard part...
just some thoughts on the subject...

If you're parents have a bad relationship and/or are divorced, you'll probably do the same, since you won't have any clue how to have a good relationship, without doing a ton of work on yourself first. But of course you could get lucky.

Better to be good friends with your partner IMO. Also I think it's a good idea to live together first before getting married - despite what some people say. I got married after living with my wife for a long time and neither of us noticed anything different about being married. People always say that marriage changes everything - but I think this is usually for people that have dated for like 6 months or a couple years and then get married and have never lived together. Then they live together and learn all sorts of thing about the person they didn't know before they were married. Also some people have certain expectations of how a husband or wife "should be" after they get married. If you have these expectations you will most likely be disapointed if you just expect them to happen because of being married. If you don't work out what your relationship is like before hand you will probably be disapointed.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

I think that it's a very nice tradition that shows commitement and a way of saying "You're the one that I want to spend all my life with".
Also, the parties are awesome XD.

It's designed to opress the woman only if the couple wants it that way.
Lulz at Kensai. Good one.

Sure, it's raped by holywood stars that decide to marry and divorce some months later, and a lot of couple.
But that doesn't mean that marriage is a bad thing.
I remind you that outside the US, divorce isn't THAT common, and a lot of the marriages actually work.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by daeqwon10000
I want to get married

that way I can **** whenever I want

Everyone knows that when you get married you don't **** anymore.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by the memory

and i definetly don't want kids
hate the little f***ers
lool

Bet you're glad your parents didn't feel the same way.
Quote by mustardman
Quote by Parx
Bet you're glad your parents didn't feel the same way.

well you know i can understand why some people might want them........

i just find them infuriating and really dont like them
Top lel.
Quote by urik
I think that it's a very nice tradition that shows commitement and a way of saying "You're the one that I want to spend all my life with".
Also, the parties are awesome XD.

It's designed to opress the woman only if the couple wants it that way.
Lulz at Kensai. Good one.

Sure, it's raped by holywood stars that decide to marry and divorce some months later, and a lot of couple.
But that doesn't mean that marriage is a bad thing.
I remind you that outside the US, divorce isn't THAT common, and a lot of the marriages actually work.

It's a 'very nice tradition' that now can cost a couple thousands of pounds. If you feel a need to legally bind yourself to your partner, then there are commitment issues.

The whole concept of marriage is centred around keeping the male in charge. Centuries ago women were married to men to settle feuds and disputes, surrendering their wealth and independence. This continued right to the Victorian era, where a woman was her husband's property. It's taken women centuries to gain the right to vote, the right to work, the right to be treated equally, and still it's considered acceptable to surrender their name and property to a man in marriage. A couple can't be just as happy unmarried as a married couple are, the legal status of their relationship should have no impact at all on how people feel for each other.
We're in the 21st century, where slavery has been abolished, being gay isn't a mental illness and it isn't law to attend church. Perhaps marriage had a point when we all believed in God and women weren't so much human beings and items to bargain with, but it certainly doesn't in this day age.

I'm not going to hate on anyone for getting married, I think it's nice people still fall in love, but personally it's not for me, for my reason I listed. So don't accuse me of being some suedehead feminist dyke who despises men

-Matthew Arnold

Marriage really doesn't appeal to me at all, but im 19 so i guess that may change in the future.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Lesbians can be married now, you know.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by rickyy
Lesbians can be married now, you know.

Not here. Only the Netherlands, I believe, allows marriage. A civil partnership that a couple of states in America allows doesn't count as homosexual marriage being legal now.

-Matthew Arnold

I think one day I'll get married, but it'll be a pagan marriage, so thusly a lot different from the whole Christian wedding in a church thing anyway.
I think the point is to not be stupid and get married just cause you love a person. Like...you could end up falling in love with 8 different people in your life. If you end up marrying the first one when you're 20, chances are it'll end badly.
I say wait it out, enjoy being single, or in a relationsip, or whatever, and don't get married until yuo've figured yourself out enough that you can actually deal with somebody else's **** too.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Not here. Only the Netherlands, I believe, allows marriage. A civil partnership that a couple of states in America allows doesn't count as homosexual marriage being legal now.

I'm not American However, only the Netherlands? Thats surprising. I always thought Western Europe was as liberal as Canada.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by rickyy
I'm not American However, only the Netherlands? Thats surprising. I always thought Western Europe was as liberal as Canada.

Wasn't saying you were, I was talking about America I could be wrong, my source on that is a few years out of date, but we're still with civil partnerships in places. And God damnit, it's not the same as marriage, and not recognised everywhere. But this isn't a gay rights thread.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by denizenz
^ That's because marriage is a Christian tradition and homosexuality is considered sinful by Christian doctrine.

Civil unions do or should have the same legal implications as marriage without the church.

Yet atheists can get married, and in churches. I'm seeing a problem here.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Yet atheists can get married, and in churches. I'm seeing a problem here.

I don't think so. Maybe in a wedding chapel by a justice of the peace...the same justice of the peace that would perform a civil union between two homosexuals.

My wife and I had to petition our church to marry us and we had been in attendance for a year and a half. I don't know anyone who has been married through a Christian/Catholic church who wasn't interviewed by the pastor beforehand...
Quote by denizenz
^ That's because marriage is a Christian tradition and homosexuality is considered sinful by Christian doctrine.
I've never heard of churches refusing to marry people who've committed other "sins" though. Any excuse for prejudice is a bad excuse.
Quote by smb
I've never heard of churches refusing to marry people who've committed other "sins" though. Any excuse for prejudice is a bad excuse.

The Bible says no one sin is greater than the other..
Quote by denizenz

I don't think so. Maybe in a wedding chapel by a justice of the peace...the same justice of the peace that would perform a civil union between two homosexuals.

My wife and I had to petition our church to marry us and we had been in attendance for a year and a half. I don't know anyone who has been married through a Christian/Catholic church who wasn't interviewed by the pastor beforehand...

Oh really? I certainly have.

Quote by smb

That too.

But like I said a few posts ago, I'm not really up for a gay marriage debate.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
It's a 'very nice tradition' that now can cost a couple thousands of pounds. If you feel a need to legally bind yourself to your partner, then there are commitment issues.

The whole concept of marriage is centred around keeping the male in charge. Centuries ago women were married to men to settle feuds and disputes, surrendering their wealth and independence. This continued right to the Victorian era, where a woman was her husband's property. It's taken women centuries to gain the right to vote, the right to work, the right to be treated equally, and still it's considered acceptable to surrender their name and property to a man in marriage. A couple can't be just as happy unmarried as a married couple are, the legal status of their relationship should have no impact at all on how people feel for each other.
We're in the 21st century, where slavery has been abolished, being gay isn't a mental illness and it isn't law to attend church. Perhaps marriage had a point when we all believed in God and women weren't so much human beings and items to bargain with, but it certainly doesn't in this day age.

I'm not going to hate on anyone for getting married, I think it's nice people still fall in love, but personally it's not for me, for my reason I listed. So don't accuse me of being some suedehead feminist dyke who despises men

we still have slavery, and its worse than what is was 200 yrs ago. and despite what you say, you are a bit of a feminist dinkydaisy
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Page 1 of 5