im a blues rock guitar player looking for a new amp and i have 2 frends one with a peavy classic and one with a fender deville and they bolth sound nice the thing i like about the peavy is they are cheeper but the fender has better cleans but i want to know your peoples thoughts on this before i choose one. whats the deal man?
Depends on what you play and what you need it for. The Deville is stupidily loud and it's drive channel is unusable. On the otherhand the Classic has a great OD and comparable cleans.
Quote by Siren Silently
Depends on what you play and what you need it for. The Deville is stupidily loud and it's drive channel is unusable. On the otherhand the Classic has a great OD and comparable cleans.

im looking for a jimi hendrix/ eric clapton kind of tone a fuzzy kinda sound. i like the fenders drive sounds nice to me and i was really worried about the cleans i love fenders cleans i havent found and amp with cleans that are compareable to the fender exept the peavy classic
Quote by SRV59
im looking for a jimi hendrix/ eric clapton kind of tone a fuzzy kinda sound. i like the fenders drive sounds nice to me and i was really worried about the cleans i love fenders cleans i havent found and amp with cleans that are compareable to the fender exept the peavy classic

Check out Traynor products. The YCV 40 or 50, or the new YCS 50 might be just what you're looking for.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Siren Silently

Depends on whether he's talking about the Blues Deville or the Hot Rod Deville. The Blues Deville has a nice, warm overdrive.
. <use these

Yeah, check out what Slats recommended, but i'd get the peavey classic for clapton and hendrix.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator