Just got a lopo signature series 4x12. Awesome work those guys do. Anyhow, I don't know if it's just that I'm used to a 2x12 but the thing sounds boomy.

Here's what I got and what I did
WGS
2 Veteran 30's
4 British Leads

I wired them so the top 2 go to one jack @ 4ohms and the bottom 2 go to another jack @ 4ohms.

Now when I play the V30's up top they sound kind of harsh if you will, sort of breaky I guess? They sound good with the 6 string, but not the 7 string xiphos.

However when I use the bottom 2 speakers as well (british leads) the whole cab gets boomy.

So, as an experiment, I put the british leads up top, threw in some Celestion 12T-100's in the bottom. I'm again, liking the top, but when I use all 4, same thing. Boomy.

Any ideas?

Perhaps throw the v30's in the bottom?

I'm more of a midrange / highs type of guy. I don't like a ton of bass and the boomy thing is pissing me off.

What do you think?
So, celestion 12T100's up top = good with only 2 out of 4 speakers in cab running

British leads up top = good with only 2 out of 4 speakers in cab running.

However, as mentioned, no matter what speaker in bottom = boom boom.

Any ideas appreciated.
X pattern FTMFW
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
It would help balance the cab. Another option would be to port the back
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
either that, or cut about 3-4 inches off of the bottom of the back of the cab. It will leave a gap to help take just a bit of that bass off the sound. You could also pick up some plywood and make a 3 pice back (top, middle, and bottom). Then you can experiment with taking different pices out to eliminate excessive bass.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge