hey all you UGer's im planning on heading across the pond to Ireland this summer in about august sometime and i was just looking for some advice like some sweet places to check out while im there or any cheap places to sleep and whatnot, thanks a bunch to those who reply
ben
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
where about in ireland are you heading? I live in dublin, in all honesty it's a pretty expensive city, but if you're old enough to drink, the temple bar area is a good bit of craic for boozin. Though i'd reccomend getting over to the west coast, a lot cheaper, a lot friendlier, beautiful beaches and landscapes, plus the guinness in those old man pubs over there is second to none. Try places like achhill, mayo in general, clare, donegal, cork and kerry. If you're into surfing or fancy taking it up while you're over here the west coast is a great place for it!

Hope that helps
sweet thanks guys much appreciated
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Head over to Galway city. It has an amazing atmosphere and is the ultimate party town! But ye Temple Bar is great as well.
Try Cavan

I live in Dublin but often go to Cavan
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Come up North! We have the Giant's Causeway and... uhmmm..... Portrush.

Seriously though, Irishman is right, the West Coast is nicer, friendlier and cheaper. I've stayed in Co. Kerry and Cork a couple of times and there's some really nice places to visit. Dublin is definitely worth a visit but I don't know if I'd want to stay there.
yeah +1 for galway, probably the best city in ireland in all honesty, sorry i forgot about that one :P plus from there you can head over to the aran islands, which are awesome
Ohmigosh while you're there remember to kiss the Blarney Stone.
(I've always wanted to do that)

/jealous
Quote by Black__Dog
Head over to Galway city. It has an amazing atmosphere and is the ultimate party town! But ye Temple Bar is great as well.

i agree with this guy

ive got relatives that live on the conemara islands and so ive stayed in Galway a few times and i have to say i love the place!
Quote by MastaBassist10
^Spoons are awesome. Not as cool as forks, but pretty cool.

if you're hittin up Dublin..get to Dun Laoghaire..very popular
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.