hey

Im tryin to decide between the blackjack which is $600 and has duncan jb pups the hellraiser which is $700 and has active EMG pups. So im wondering which is better for a metallica tone while also being able to zeppelins clean tone and still have the abability to have a blues tone. so if u help i would appericate it

thanx
Um I have a hellraiser and did the 18v mod on the pups and I love it. However, i think the blackjack might be more up your alley. Good choices though.
Well seeing as your basing it around pickups, the duncans are the most versatile of the two. EMG's are mainly made for high gain stuff.
Quote by face_the_fear
Well seeing as your basing it around pickups, the duncans are the most versatile of the two. EMG's are mainly made for high gain stuff.

Er, wrong.

The 08 hellraisers have coiltapped pickups, which makes them one of the most versatile guitars
Quote by xFilth
Er, wrong.

The 08 hellraisers have coiltapped pickups, which makes them one of the most versatile guitars

Er... wrong.

the Jb's are also tapped
Livin For the Music

dimebag420666 wrote:

i play guitar with my penis
Quote by xFilth
Er, wrong.

Er, wronger.

Coil- tapped EMG's still sound like EMG's. Anyway, the Blackjack's pickups are also tapped.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Er, wronger.

Coil- tapped EMG's still sound like EMG's.

Pritty much yea. Also the C-1 has a 5 way switch which allows you to get single coil sounds with it too. So I still stand my ground and say the duncans are more versatile than the EMG's.
Quote by face_the_fear
Pritty much yea. Also the C-1 has a 5 way switch which allows you to get single coil sounds with it too. So I still stand my ground and say the duncans are more versatile than the EMG's.

ROLF
Thats what coil tapping is....
Livin For the Music

dimebag420666 wrote:

i play guitar with my penis
I LOVE my EMG's but i guess not everyone does. Or the people that hate them just jumped on the bandwagon with everyone else. They have decent cleans. I think they sound pretty warm.