Just picked this up yesterday on a whim, since it was pretty cheap (used, got it for $80USD). I made sure that it works and that there's no issue with the speakers that I can tell, but haven't really had the chance to do any actual playing with it yet.

The thing is, I can't find any information whatsoever on this cabinet. All i know is that it's a Peavey. The speakers seem original, and the cabinet itself is in good condition. All it states on the back (aside from s/n and ohm ratings) are "Peavey 212 ST Guitar Speaker Enclosure."

Rated at 4ohms mono, 8ohms stereo. It doesn't even give me a wattage, although I seem to recall it being paired with an old looking 100watt (I think, can't recall, shoulda nabbed that info but didn't think to) Peavey tube amp head.

Was wondering if anyone might be able to fill in the blanks for me (wattage, speakers, etc). Digging around Google, but not really getting any information.

Hears a pic with my VK100 sitting on top of it:

Thanks for any and all help!
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Last edited by Hakael at Jun 11, 2008,
The Cab alone is worth 80 dollars. To find the Impedace (ohms) Pull off the back cover, or just look look into the back, if its an open cab, and look and see what the speakers say. I sure they are ethier 16 or 8 ohm. So the Cab could be 16-4 ohm depending on the way its wired. Going by the age of the Cab I would bet good money that you have two 8 ohms speakers run in a series to 16 ohm, but there's no way to know with out looking at the speakers. BTW I think the speakers are Peavey Scorpions.
Are you saying just the cab alone without the speakers is worth $80?

LOL

I grabbed it because I wanted a 212 and plan on selling the 412 Hartke cab behind it. I'm moving into a smaller apartment, and had been debating on selling the whole halfstack and possibly buying a combo, when I ran into this cab sitting at a local pawn shop.

Like I said, I haven't played around at all with it really, other than hitting a few cords to make sure the speakers worked and that there weren't any odd sounds, rattles, whatever.

It's a closed back cab, so I guess I'll have to open it up when I can, but everything looks original. I just can't find anything on Google about it. All I know is the impedance (4ohm mono input/8ohm stereo), and that it's a guitar cab (from the simple fact that it says guitar enclosure).

If anyone else has any more information they'd like to add, I'd love to hear it.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
^ Yeah 80 dollars without the speakers, those old Peavey cabs a built really well with birch plywood, and the tolex on that cab is the toughest stuff I have ever seen, if its the same stuff thats on my older Peavey 412 Cab.
Thanks!

Well, like I said earlier, it's very solidly built. Thing ways a hell of a lot more than what I had first expected from my initial viewing. The tolex has maybe a few slight marks, but nothing unless you're looking closely and seems very tough.

Still digging through searches, and unfortunately not finding anything. There's a description of one possibly on musicgoround that might be the same cab and they're selling theirs for $199, but even they don't give much info other than it's a 212 cab.