Page 1 of 3
How are we the dominant species on this planet, if we have such stupid and trivial things as war? If we had put the money from Iraq into disease research, we could have a cure for AIDS or cancer, or both.

While soldiers are forced to kill each other in war, the politicians are getting rich off of it!

To quote Black Sabbath's, "War Pigs", we are treating people like pawns in chess.

I mean, look at animals, they don't have war. They only kill to meet needs, (food, safety, protecting young, good of the species).

Is our only purpose in life to kill each other and live in misery? Why can't we just live with each other in peace?

I always say live and let live. I mean, if we were tolerant, accepting, and sharing, then there would be no need for war. Because everyone knows that the three reasons for war are religion, ideology, and money.

If we all tried to see it from everyone else's prospective, then we would as a race be very enlightened.

Why can't people tolerate other people being a different religion, race, or sexual orientation?

It's all just so stupid.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
All animals fight each other when you have too many competing for finite resources.

They claim wars are about god, money etc but they are more about survival. If you take their land they die and you can live more easily.
It would be nice for people to tolerate one another's religion/sexuality/race/what ever, but it is never going to happen
I agree to a certain extent. Personally, I agree that war is stupid and the entire Iraq debacle was pointless, but to evade war completely is impossible. War is a product of society and as long as there is society, no matter what state it is in, there will be fighting amongst people because we are selfish beings.
totally agree. the world is a very messed up place and if everybody jst took the time to understand each other, i guess we wouldnt b having this conversation. as much as i would like to say things will change and human kind will make up for all its mistakes, tbh i can only see it getting worse...
Well starting a thread about it in the Pit ain't gonna make much of a difference
It would be nice if all religions were eliminated so me and my fellow atheists could live in our peaceful world without evil wars which are almost exclusively caused by religion.
If there was no war, we wouldnt need soldiers, if there were no soldiers, what would they do for employment? The levels of unemployment would be much higher. and quit moaning, war is inevitable, its a natural instinct to fight, war is just a bigger version of that. just be grateful that there are people risking their lives so you can be safe. Although that sounds like im promoting war, im not, im just saying theres nothing you can do to stop it, just keep out the way.
Also, think about the number of people compared to the populations of some animal species. Take for example, lions. In Africa, less than 21,000 remain today. They are spread out greatly, and thus they don't have competition like we humans, who are live so close together. It's just a large-scale case of competition, unfortunately.
The human race is ignorant and stupid

DEAL WITH IT

buy a pie
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Chugaroo
It's called ignorance and plain stupidity. Deal with it. You'll inevitably meet a lot of both.

amen
Your Signature:
why is it every other couple of weeks is there a thread that goes on about humanity being screwed up. just face it, we will never learn from the past no matter how hard people try and make us. and if any ex service men are on this site they will agree with me, the soldiers dont want to go out but we are trained to and at times forced to go where pencil pushers see money and profit. any ex military guys pm me or something.
Quote by GnR_ROK
Words for describing the ladies subtly

Damage - bit of alright
Major damage - bloody fit
Damage has been done - older fit bird
minor damage - fit but you would be arrested for it
collateral damage - ugly bird with fit mates
Quote by Spartan070sarge
How are we the dominant species on this planet, if we have such stupid and trivial things as war? If we had put the money from Iraq into disease research, we could have a cure for AIDS or cancer, or both.

While soldiers are forced to kill each other in war, the politicians are getting rich off of it!

To quote Black Sabbath's, "War Pigs", we are treating people like pawns in chess.

I mean, look at animals, they don't have war. They only kill to meet needs, (food, safety, protecting young, good of the species).

Is our only purpose in life to kill each other and live in misery? Why can't we just live with each other in peace?

I always say live and let live. I mean, if we were tolerant, accepting, and sharing, then there would be no need for war. Because everyone knows that the three reasons for war are religion, ideology, and money.

If we all tried to see it from everyone else's prospective, then we would as a race be very enlightened.

Why can't people tolerate other people being a different religion, race, or sexual orientation?

It's all just so stupid.

War works in the same way for Humans. We are protecting our 'tribes' intrests. I am not saying its right. But its part of being human, being an intelligent beast.
I'm not a communist, and I'm not slamming the soldiers, I am very grateful for the servicemen, I am slamming the people who send them to war, make them die. I have seen so many families that have been broken by the war. I agree we need an army for our safety, but we should never have started a fight that wasn't ours.

As for what if we didn't have war and unemployment, without war, there would be so many jobs available that aren't because of the fighting.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I pray to God we always hold something close enough to our hearts that we are willing to fight and die for it.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Spartan070sarge

It's all just so stupid.

While i agree with nearly EVERYTHING you have just said... That draws the line. I can respect religions, i mean hey, i have one. If you're in a cult that does goat sacrifices, hey, thats your business. If you're from some unknown continent and have purple skin, yeah, you may make some heads turn, but youre a normal human being in my book. But if you're a man that likes other men inside your butt, dont ever talk to me. Dont approach me, and dont ever think of getting respect from me. I am NOT a fan of gays.

Everything else you've stated is 100% spot on though
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
As for what if we didn't have war and unemployment, without war, there would be so many jobs available that aren't because of the fighting.

With all the improvements to human rights that have been achieved in the past 200 years, i honestly think that given 200 more things might start to look pretty good, just my weird idea anyway.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I'm not a communist, and I'm not slamming the soldiers, I am very grateful for the servicemen, I am slamming the people who send them to war, make them die.

So you're slamming the radical Islamics who want to "Wipe America off the face of the Earth".

Wrong. War creates jobs. WWII brought us out of the great depression. You can stop posting now because it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
why are you so worried? you're american!
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Quote by Shredder Guitar
While i agree with nearly EVERYTHING you have just said... That draws the line. I can respect religions, i mean hey, i have one. If you're in a cult that does goat sacrifices, hey, thats your business. If you're from some unknown continent and have purple skin, yeah, you may make some heads turn, but youre a normal human being in my book. But if you're a man that likes other men inside your butt, dont ever talk to me. Dont approach me, and dont ever think of getting respect from me. I am NOT a fan of gays.

If it doesn't cause actual tangible harm to you, why do you give a hoot? I personally am straight, but I have a couple of gay family members, and to be honest, it doesn't matter to me one bit. In my opinion, love is love, no matter what.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by Spartan070sarge
If it doesn't cause actual tangible harm to you, why do you give a hoot? I personally am straight, but I have a couple of gay family members, and to be honest, it doesn't matter to me one bit. In my opinion, love is love, no matter what.

I don't think you're going to get anywhere talking to him, bud... He seems pretty thick.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Spartan070sarge

It's all just so stupid.

we do virtually the same
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Spartan070sarge

i know it doesnt harm me in any way... it just... bothers me. quite a bit, actually.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Dreadnought
I don't think you're going to get anywhere talking to him, bud... He seems pretty thick.

My apologies... i didnt mean to come off as an asshole. things like that just bother me, because like i said i also respect religions. and its against mine to do that... so im just respecting what im trying to live for.
Quote by Gunpowder
Quote by Spartan070sarge

because we're retarded humans with retarded human nature
Quote by Shredder Guitar

damn, youre a ****ing dumbass
for real..
Quote by Shredder Guitar

This is why the world is never going to be tolerant of one another, how is you being intolerant of gays any different to people being intolerant of different religions and races?...its not. You're a hypocrite and just like any other narrow-minded idiot.
Last edited by TheHereAway at Jun 11, 2008,
Hey Spartan070sarge,

I, too, am somewhat worried about how the world is going. I guess, there are just some things in this universe which are out of our control. But you know what we do have control over?

Ourselves...

It all has to start from within. It starts with a simple act of kindness each day, and we build from there. Simple. But it is also a challenge that has yet to be surmounted. Try being the model of how you want others to act.

This simple suggestion was given many centuries ago, and it was stated from this quote, "Do unto others what you want others to do unto you."

Just some thoughts of mine.

Carpe diem,
J. Daniel
Positive and negative emotions cannot occupy the mind at the same time. One or the other must dominate. It is your responsibility to make sure that positive emotions constitute the dominating influence of your mind. - Napoleon Hill
Under the right conditions, like for a really good reason, I might support a war (I support our going after Al Queida), but we just plain don't need to be in Iraq, and we never did. And there is evidence that the Bush administration lied about Saddam Hussein for their own gain.

Quote by John Frusciante
Aaand,
Always look on the bright Side of Life.
*whistles*
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
to make matters worse, I live right in the middle of the bible belt of the south. I have very few people to discuss this with without getting flamed in real life. The second I turn 18 I'm going to a more liberal part of the country.

Quote by John Frusciante
Page 1 of 3