Would this combo be any good? Im hoping to try it out in the near future but dont want the emgs to be too harsh, also i was wondering with a bit of tweaking, could the emg's handle hard/classic rock? (guns, aerosmith, sex pistols, velvet revolver)?
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
I think the tubescreamer would be counter-productive to the tone of your EMGs.

It may help add some mid frequencies you'll need for a classic rock tone though.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
im in the same boat. I know that they can handle those sounds that your after. But im not sure how they sound through a VK with a tubescreamer. Im in the market for a good tube amp but i needs the br00tlz too!
I'm not sure about how well EMG's can handle classic rock, but for hard rock they sound really good. I'd rather get a lower-output pickup for classic rock. The tubescreamer is awsome though.
Well I'm not too sure about the tubescreamer at the mo, its more about the emgs running through a valveking, I dont want it to sound like crap
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=user&value=ParryPerson

Thats a clip of my head into 4 GB's with a Bad Monkey in front.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by ParryPerson
http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=user&value=ParryPerson

Thats a clip of my head into 4 GB's with a Bad Monkey in front.

That's classic rock... how? The Valveking sounds like a solid state amp. Not at all like a tube amp to my ears.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by Muppet
That's classic rock... how? The Valveking sounds like a solid state amp. Not at all like a tube amp to my ears.

Maybe you have no idea what you are talking about. Or your ears are retarded.

Just a thought.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by ParryPerson
Maybe you have no idea what you are talking about. Or your ears are retarded.

Just a thought.

As to the TS, i would suppose it would be a good setup, i would reccomend the Tubescreamer before you get the pickups to see if its enough.

I'm working on getting the gain i want out of my VK at the moment also.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)