Last night I re-wired my Les Paul to the "50's style wiring." It took me quite a while because Epiphone doesn't wire their guitars the exact same way as typical Les Paul-style guitars are wired. The end result of Epiphone's wiring is the same, but they do retarded **** like wrapping ground wires around pickup leads and **** like that.

So, what I did was first was unsolder all the stock wiring out, and then re-wire the pickup leads and pots to this exactly. Wire runs are much shorter now than stock. After that I wired up these mods.

All in all, I am extremely pleased with the 50's style wiring. My volume knobs actually work properly now throughout their entire range (with the stock wiring my volume knobs did nothing from 2-10) and the tone knobs now only roll off a reasonable amount of treble, instead of sucking the life out of my tone. I may start using my volume/tone knobs know, I've never used them before because the volume knob didn't work right and rolling off the tone knob just sounded like ****. With every knob on 10, the guitar sounds a little more "open," not brighter, but just like my tone has a little more "life" to it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
So...

how does it sound
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
More meaty. There's more upper mids on any control setting, and the tone knobs only reduce the treble instead of removing all the treble and upper mids. The guitar is grounded much better now, and even under moderate gain it is really quiet.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack