Im trying to play this tab...

http://www.911tabs.com/link/?3795522

the tuning is

Tuning: standard capo II

so im assuming thats standard EADGBe but with a capo on the 2nd fret right?

so as far as the chords go such as G, Em, C and D which frets do I play those on to make the song sound right?
Your assumption was right.
And you don't play any odd frets, chords are usually written relative to the capo.
The 'absolute' chords are actually A, F#m, D and E; but it's easyer and it sounds better if you play them with a capo on 2.
thanks so much for the help bro! But what exactly are absolute chords? so if I capo on the 2nd fret could I play G, Em, C and D on the third and fourth frets? im just a bit confused
Absolute chords (I don't know if that's necessarily the correct term, haven't heard it named anything before) are what the chords would really be called. For example, with a capo on the second fret the G is probably just the G shape (3,2,0,0,0,3), but absolute chord it would be an A (5,4,2,2,2,5). To play a G chord with a capo on the 2nd fret you would have to play the F shape (1,3,3,2,1,1).

For that song though the case is most likely that you just play the shapes G, C, D, Em rather than an actual G.

Hope that makes some sense.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic