There are so many different paths you can take. The biggest thing is PRACTICE!!!

This book is also a very good book:

http://www.amazon.com/Fretboard-Logic-SE-Reasoning-Arpeggios/dp/0962477060
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
Learn what notes are on each fret. Actually play the guitar and get used to the fret board too. Learn where scales connect/start/end on the fret board and how to move them around. Learn octaves (every 8th note). Etc.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
i drew a diagram of the fretboard, and wrote the notes on it, then i play, say, all the d notes, then e notes, and so on, ive been playin 6 months or so and im gettin used to it . ithink of it like a giant scale , it may or may not work for you, so give it a go
make a chart with each note on the E and A string. Learn all those notes. Then practice playing songs you know using barre chords. try looking up the chords to a song and just play the barre chords. If you know all the notes then it should be easy and fun. Then the other strings come easier. After that, learn a scale such as G major. Learn the notes that are in the scale. G A B C D E F#. Learn to play it in all the different positions. That will show you all those notes in every way possible to play them. Try different keys, different scales, etc.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
make a chart with each note on the E and A string. Learn all those notes. Then practice playing songs you know using barre chords. try looking up the chords to a song and just play the barre chords. If you know all the notes then it should be easy and fun. Then the other strings come easier. After that, learn a scale such as G major. Learn the notes that are in the scale. G A B C D E F#. Learn to play it in all the different positions. That will show you all those notes in every way possible to play them. Try different keys, different scales, etc.

i like that i've been playin for almost two years but i might try that haha. i'll use my acoustic-electrics tuner and make it alot faster haha
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.