ok, so this has been done a million times, but i value the opinion of you guys...so...is the vox valvetronix really the best in its price range?
i play a gibby LP studio at the moment thru a ****ty spider amp, (all styles i play everything from jazz to metal) and ive been recommended orange amps, the modeling isnt such a big issue for me as i have a pretty decent pedal board... anyone goty any recommendations?
cheers.
Playing an LP Studio though an amp that cheap is a waste of a $1200 guitar. Either get a halfway decent all- tube amp or sell the LP and use the money left over to get a tube amp and a $400-500 guitar.
If you can afford a proper orange (not their cheap SS line), they totally kick ass. Have a look at a Vox AC15cc.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
i know literally nothing about amps, whats the diff between the valvetronics and the AC's? i mean..id love to get a tiny terror and a cab but yknow..im a bedroom player and the price is a bit steep :P
Quote by morphixxx
i know literally nothing about amps, whats the diff between the valvetronics and the AC's? i mean..id love to get a tiny terror and a cab but yknow..im a bedroom player and the price is a bit steep :P

Valvetronix are modelling amps, with 1 tube in the preamp. This doesn't really make a difference as the amp still sounds more like a solid state than a tube amp. The AC is a real tube amp, meaning it'll sound more pleasing to your ears. It's not as versatile as the valvetronix, but a whole league better in terms of sound quality.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
so would you recommend the AC as i dont need the modeling capabilites due to having a half decent pedal board?...also, i liked the valvetronix idea of being able to get the tube overdrive by lowering the wattage dial thingamy....