What happens when i plug my bass guitar into a DIGITech RP 500( a guitar multi effect) then connect it into a ipod speaker with an aux cable or pug in a headphone.

Will there be any damages.

And what breaks when you play a bass thru a guitar amp? The preamp? the speaker?
Quote by chriskhng
What happens when i plug my bass guitar into a DIGITech RP 500( a guitar multi effect) then connect it into a ipod speaker with an aux cable or pug in a headphone.

Will there be any damages.

And what breaks when you play a bass thru a guitar amp? The preamp? the speaker?

The speaker die, and both made it sound horrible.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by chriskhng
I have a fender bassman 150.

why play thru some ipod speakers then?

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
ah ok, i just thought, coz first u asked why u cant play thru guitar amp, and asked if u could pay thru an ipod speaker, sounds like sumthin that an ampless person mite ask
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Just an experiment.

and besides, i'm going to a summer school in another country.

So i don;t want to lug my marshall stack and bassman on the plane along witth my 2 guitars and bass guitar do I?

so i have to resort to this option before buying a seperate bass headphone amp
the bassman doesn;t do distortion that well with guitar. i tried.

and besides, the summer school won;t allow amps into the dorms.

but my question is whether anything will be damaged, speakers, pedals.
iPod speakers most likely will be damages- they don't handle high volumes well, nor bass frequencies. Pedals shouldn't be damaged- whenever a guitar amp gets damaged by a bass, it's because the speakers can't handle the frequencies, not the electronic components.
Just buy an Acoustic bass, problem solved
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'm not going to get an acoutic bass, that will waste my Fender J-bass wouldn't it.

so if i connect the pedal into pair of headphones, it should be all right, correct?
Quote by ChemicalFire
Just buy an Acoustic bass, problem solved

Acoustic basses are normally a waste anyway

And yeah, you can just shove headphones into the effects pedal- the volume output won't be great, and tonally it would probably suck. However, if something does screw up, then at least it's just headphones as opposed to probably expensive iPod speakers.
my ipod speakers are actually cheaper than my headphones.

but forget it, i just called the summerschool up, apparently they have bass amps in their music dept. but i can only play "plugged in" there. so i'll have to put up with playing "acoustically" in the dorm.

Thanks a lot anyway.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Yes. Guitar effects completely kill the low end.

On the lugging amps around thing... you could just take the Bassman and leave the Marshall. Bassman amps were used a lot as guitar amps way back when.

the bassmans used back in the day were all tube beasts of amplifiers as opposed to the current solid state model that has the audacity to bear the same name
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.