I can play scales on a single string but how do you transfer that to multiple strings. Mind you i've only been playing for about to months. Break it down in to dummy steps
Just take a look at this site Lesson section. You'll find a lot about scales as well as a search on the Web.
Adamsville2K
Fender FM 210R
Well, if you take, say, the 5th fret on the low E-string, then play the open A-string, that's the same note. So if you have a scale:

E---0-2-3-5-7-8--etc.

you can play:

A-----------0-2-3--etc
E---0-2-3----------

Every time you start to get out of position by playing a scale on one string, there should be a place to play that note on the next string, 5 frets back.
_______
|||||||||||||||
I don't really understand your question...

You can always play power-chords with ground-note on the scale-note
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
hey man hows it going? its been hot here in boston aint it? if you know the patters on one string just find the notes that your playing on other strings. or check out a website that teachs you scales. http://www.guitarists.net/scales/index.php or http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php should help you. the thing about guitar that 75% of guitarists dont realize or dont wnat to realize is you have to work to find the answers. there is short cut or easy trick. focus on learning a few major scale patterns in different positions and go from there. good luck
I drive a big chevy truck

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
Behringer BX1800 Bass amp
KORG toneworks pandora's box PX4D
BOSS overdrive/distortion
Quote by 3rdHorseman
I can play scales on a single string but how do you transfer that to multiple strings. Mind you i've only been playing for about to months. Break it down in to dummy steps

Learn the notes on the fretboard, learn the notes and intervals a scale contains then put the two together.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
How i play major scales is a very easy way you move it to any fret on the bottom three strings.

E---------------1-3-4---
B-------1-2-4-----------
G-1-3-------------------

Like that would ba a Ab Major, kepp the same fingering but move it up a fret each and you'll go up a half step major scale.
Quote by steven seagull
Learn the notes on the fretboard, learn the notes and intervals a scale contains then put the two together.

+1

There are multiple ways to play a scale. There's really no right/wrong way but there are standards that most people use. Just get familiar with where the notes are on each string and go from there. I'd learn the standards though...
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–