Well, I need a new amp. I've had a spider 2 for like 2 years now. Im in a band that might do small gigs pretty soon so I would need some loudness, but nothing too big.

I was looking at the Epiphone valve Jr amp. I could get the head and then maybe a cheap slightly bigger cabinet later if nessecary. And i was thinking along the same lines with the blackheart amp.

I've heard good things from both but i dont know how hardcore they sound. Someone said that the epiphone would be good for anything but metal, and thats the only thing i need.

So if you have any tips or better suggestions, give them to me.
Thanks.
My gear:
Epiphone Limeted Edition Les Paul Custom G-400 with maestro Tremolo

Squire '51

Line 6 Spider II (it sucks but not as bad as people say it does)
What's your max budget? Neither of those amps will do metal without some sort of pedal.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Peavey Valveking or B-52 Stealth and an EQ will do the job.
Mesa/Boogie Road King (v2) 120 Watt (std. tube config) on Traditional Road King Cabs (2x 4x12)- B.C. Rich Custom Shop Warlock 7-string and Modded B.C. Rich Plat. Pro Warlock 7-string - Boss GT-PRO
probably a b-52 at112
or a used peavey 5150 combo
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by DrNick
What's your max budget? Neither of those amps will do metal without some sort of pedal.

my parents would put in 100$, and id put in 200 max. So thats 300 or less $.

And i could buy a harder pedal if needed. I would have to get one with the epiphone cause it has no effects or EQ.
My gear:
Epiphone Limeted Edition Les Paul Custom G-400 with maestro Tremolo

Squire '51

Line 6 Spider II (it sucks but not as bad as people say it does)
Last edited by Jims645 at Jun 11, 2008,
If you look hard enough, you might be able to find a B-52 AT-112 for that much. Maybe a Valveking as well, but if you're ordering before trying it, I'd suggest you try one first as a lot of people think they don't have enough gain for metal, and some do. Look into Randall RG50TCs as well, any of those would be great for what you want.

Otherwise I'd just stick with what you have unless it's really low wattage.

The Epiphone is good, but it's not loud enough for practicing with a band or for a gig, you'll probably need at least 15W tube, if not 30W.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
$300 probably won't get you too much, save up some more, at least get like 500-600.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
you're being too much of a cheapo.
neither one of those amps will do it..

like this friend of mine who buys these crappy 100 dollar guitars..