so im having a bonfire tonight with some friends to kick off the summer. how do i build it so the flames are high and it burns long? i think i remember the log cabin burns longest, and teepee burns highest and is hotter. does anyone have a way to build it so itll be high(at least for a while) and burn really long?

i have probably a 5 foot diameter pit. what if i used a bunch of napalm? any ideas would be helpful
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Don't use acceleratant, too many risks. Use dead wood (obviously) start off slow, build up. Common stuff, really.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
well, you could get an empty pop can, spray it full of bug repellant, duct tape it closed so its airtight and throw it in the fire. and then crush it with a stick. other than that i dont hav any ideas for a fire. good luck tho
Quote by djmay71
OMG

eddievh2, you are a genuis, and true man of action

damn right

Quote by Zugunruhe

or else, how good are you at drawing penises?

lulz
Quote by eddievh2
well, you could get an empty pop can, spray it full of bug repellant, duct tape it closed so its airtight and throw it in the fire. and then crush it with a stick. other than that i dont hav any ideas for a fire. good luck tho

im not stupid that would just explode and get flaming liquid everywhere. i know everything destructive to do with fire ive pretty much done it all. lol im gonna start this fire by throwing a molotov cocktail into it.(yes there are rocks around the pit so the bottle will break, and its all dirt so nothing will catch on fire besides the wood)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
yea... i'd go with the napalm... and then you can use water to put it out
Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.
set up the teepee style with lots of seasoned (dead and dry) wood. adding dry leaves and cardboard and paper and **** like that will definitely help start it.

just dont use too much starter fluid. if you use a lot, start it with a roman candle like in Joe Dirt....
breathing in napalm fumes sucks. i coughed for like 15 minutes straight. just use some gas or something if you really need to
Fart on it repeatedly.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by punk_loser
yea... i'd go with the napalm... and then you can use water to put it out

''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Hand grenades are a girls best friend
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition
i like the napalm idea, my friend made homemade napalm using styrofoam and gasoline, but that takes a day or so.
Quote by dudius
set up the teepee style with lots of seasoned (dead and dry) wood. adding dry leaves and cardboard and paper and **** like that will definitely help start it.

just dont use too much starter fluid. if you use a lot, start it with a roman candle like in Joe Dirt....

thanks ill try this and put some napalm in there somewhere lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
put all the firestarters at the bottom of the tipi, then put bigger sticks on the higher you go. light it at the bottom and BAM! fuego.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
uh how about no to all of the above ideas.

Start off with a lot of small twigs, the more the better. Pack some crumpled up newspaper underneath that. Then stack logs like a log cabin sort of thing over that. Light the paper and let it burn.

Remember, you cannot have too many little twigs.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
uh how about no to all of the above ideas.

Start off with a lot of small twigs, the more the better. Pack some crumpled up newspaper underneath that. Then stack logs like a log cabin sort of thing over that. Light the paper and let it burn.

Remember, you cannot have too many little twigs.

you idiot, you just said the long version of what I said!
theoretically, you said no to my idea, which is your idea, which means your wrong, which means everyone else is right which means the flying squirrels shall destroy us both.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
theoretically, you said no to my idea, which is your idea, which means your wrong, which means everyone else is right which means the flying squirrels shall destroy us both.

lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by the humanity

Actually you hadn't posted when I wrote that, so I hadn't read it.

but you did suggest firestarters and only girlscouts and wimps use firestarters/lighter fluid/anything other than wood, paper and matches to start their fires.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Use Christmas trees, they burn REALLY good. Like 20 foot high flame good.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Quote by snipelfritz
Actually you hadn't posted when I wrote that, so I hadn't read it.

but you did suggest firestarters and only girlscouts and wimps use firestarters/lighter fluid/anything other than wood, paper and matches to start their fires.

I'm an Eagle Scout, and I use firestarters. I win. quickly. easily.
and tipis are good, yet you classified that as a bad idea.
refrain from wide sweeping statements, you suck at them.

(I still love you though)
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Probably already been mentioned, but anyway...

For the love of Jesus Tapdancing Christ, don't burn treated wood. You'd be surprised how many people do this. Some dumbasses a year ahead of me this past year did at a bonfire, and about a half dozen of them start throwing up blood.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Just douse a pile of wood with gasoline and then fire a roman candle at it.

Worked for me.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Want good kindling? Grab some religious fanatics
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition
zx
wdasc

wax.... burns forever andn high as ****
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by St.Loony
Your going to die

His going to die what?
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Build the core with heavy wood then cover over it with smaller/thinner branches. So really just a stockpile of stuff with preferably the majority of heavy wood. You know like old furniture, just no thin wood as it burns up to quick. Then just cover it up with branches as i said because it starts the wood which can be difficult to light otherwise.Also use some but NOT alot of Charcoal lighter fluid/other accelerant. As simple as that. Coming from a guy that has been building bonfires since he was 6.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->