heyy!
me and my mates jake and lee have just formed a band but are having trouble thinking of song names and lyrics and everything any tips???
If you just formed a band I would use these chords (not particually this order) :
Em - C - Am - D - G,

Just find an order and write some easy lyrics. You have to start somewhere.

Oh and, go easy if you put a solo in it. But let it sound as good as possible!
well if you cant come up with your own titles, lyrics and music for the song, then you, my friend, are not meant to play your own songs. like someone asks how should they name their band? if you cant come up with a band name, how the **** will you ever write your own songs? simple as that.

figure out about what do you want to sing and how should it sound. thats half of the job. then do it. thats the other half of the job. and if someone likes your stuff or even wants to pay you money or sexual services to hear your songs, then, my friend, that is just a big bonus. which means you should continues doing that.

ps. nhf about the first paragraph
Quote by sinnisa
well if you cant come up with your own titles, lyrics and music for the song, then you, my friend, are not meant to play your own songs. like someone asks how should they name their band? if you cant come up with a band name, how the **** will you ever write your own songs? simple as that.

figure out about what do you want to sing and how should it sound. thats half of the job. then do it. thats the other half of the job. and if someone likes your stuff or even wants to pay you money or sexual services to hear your songs, then, my friend, that is just a big bonus. which means you should continues doing that.

ps. nhf about the first paragraph

we have already named the band u dooshbag
thanx 4 the help maximuse

and thank u too sinnisa(i am being sarcastic b***h)
nhf
Last edited by klowery01 at Jun 11, 2008,
that about naming the band wasnt about you, it was about some friends of mine, but its a similar situation

but the point is, no one can tell you how to (and about what) make songs.
it dm now we have already thought of a namefor our first song
Last edited by klowery01 at Jun 12, 2008,
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
I can understand tho if someone in todays time had trouble naming a band, a lot of good names are taken lol

but how hard is it to make up a band name? they're basically irrelevant anyways, because a band's name does not affect their music whatsoever.

also, you shouldn't need to be looking for titles to name your songs... especially when you haven't even written lyrics yet.

I'm sure Dan Brown didn't sit down and go "Hmmm... Oh! Got it! The Da Vinci Code. Now, how will I write this..."

Lyrics should be written from the heart, not being limited to any subject matter, or really anything whatsoever (aside from the obviously offensive subject matter, which is still okay in a lot of cases). And when you've written lyrics, then you should be able to come up with a suitable title.