So i have recently started to listen to some classical music and i was wondering if there are any programs out there that i could try composing with. Something similar to Guitar Pro maybe?
GEAR

Ibanez sr506
Yamaha RBX170
Squier strat...
Hughes&Kettner Basskick BK300

Quote by ChemicalFire
Where's my lynching bat?
sibelius is the only i can think of or have ever used, tis pretty good
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
For classical composition, I recommend either Finale or Sibelius. Whichever you go with is up to you. I personally prefer Sibelius, even though it does have a bit of a learning curve.

Both full suites are very professional, thorough, and accurate in the rules and conducts of writing notation. Guitar Pro is severely underhanded when you're working with an entire orchestra or any other classical media.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Sibelius is what you want for that kind of thing, however, it'\s obviously not going to replace an orchestra and I believe most composers simply compose on their instrument of choice.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
Sibelius is what you want for that kind of thing, however, it'\s obviously not going to replace an orchestra and I believe most composers simply compose on their instrument of choice.

Traditionally, most composers write on the piano. However, breaking the piano chords, harmonies, and melodies up into orchestral roles is the hard part.

And yes, as cool as the Kontakt Player is, it will never substitute a real orchestra. It's a good imitation though, especially for wind/brass, not so much for strings.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Traditionally, most composers write on the piano. However, breaking the piano chords, harmonies, and melodies up into orchestral roles is the hard part.

Ah, makes sense. I suppose most of the people I think of as talented instrumentalists never orchestrated for anything as big as an orchestra.
Quote by meh!
Ah, makes sense. I suppose most of the people I think of as talented instrumentalists never orchestrated for anything as big as an orchestra.

Well that depends on who you're thinking of.

Most of the classical composition giants were exceptional instrumentalists anyway. Bastards.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well that depends on who you're thinking of.

Most of the classical composition giants were exceptional instrumentalists anyway. Bastards.

Well obv
I use Sibelius. Look into EDIROL Orchestral as well (becuase sampled sound effects sound much better than midi )
There's new sound technology up at my collge that's simply amazing.

Play one chord on a guitar and record it.

You can analyse each individual note which is recnognised as an individual note, you can change its pitch, length, attack etc etc and it doesn't sound mechanical and wrong and stretched. It's seriously amazing.