I've grown tired of my Jackson DXMG. I used the DXMG simply because I got it used for an extremely good price, in great condition. Never liked the look of the guitar itself, but couldn't pass up a deal.

Now that I've actually gotten rather good, I've been looking for something else.

I was looking at getting an Ibanez RG4EXQM1 in Blue. I'm not sure weather this guitar would be considered an upgrade or a downgrade. Or around the same area in terms of quality.
Id say there pretty close in terms of quality. The Rg4ex is virtually the same thing as the Rg370dx. I have an ibanez rg370dx and it does play excellent but if you already own a Jackson DXMG i would stick with that. Theres not much difference in the two IMO, so theres no point in buying the RG4EXQM1.

Stay with DXMG, use the $ you would have spent on something else.
I would also most likely be selling my Jackson. I've been looking for a good RG style body/Ibanez for awhile. All the models that interest me seem to pretty high in price.
Oh well if your selling your jackson for money, and then buying the ibanez. you wont notice to much of a difference in playability.
That's good to hear. The Jackson plays very well. If it's similar, then the Ibanez can only be better, due to its great looks
Quote by Wafflesomd
That's good to hear. The Jackson plays very well. If it's similar, then the Ibanez can only be better, due to its great looks

Check what bridge that ibanez has. If it is an edge III stay away...
Quote by supergerbil
Check what bridge that ibanez has. If it is an edge III stay away...

What's bad about the Edge 3?
Quote by Wafflesomd
What's bad about the Edge 3?

Really solft metal- the knife edge wears away fairly quickly and renders the bridge useless. It happened to mine and is a well known fault. I started to notice that when dive bombing it returned to a different pitch and when pulling up, it returned to another different pitch. In the end, the bridge just wouldn't stay in tune and I sold the guitar- the knife edges being a complete mess (I wasn't a heavy uset btw)
I'm going to be blocking the tremolo. I would go with a fixed bridge if they made that guitar with one, but I do also really like how my hand sits on a floyd rose. It's kind of a lose lose situation for me

I read that you can just swap out the Edge 3 for and OFR.
Quote by Wafflesomd
I'm going to be blocking the tremolo. I would go with a fixed bridge if they made that guitar with one, but I do also really like how my hand sits on a floyd rose. It's kind of a lose lose situation for me

I read that you can just swap out the Edge 3 for and OFR.

If you don't want a trem then just get a hardtail RG
Quote by supergerbil
If you don't want a trem then just get a hardtail RG

I would, but they don't have anything in a blue quilt top with a hardtail, or the HSH pickup setup.
I agree, if you don't need the trem, then the worst thing you can do is get a guitar with one. If you're not using it, all you get is the cons of a trem, and none of the pros. Cons being lessened sustain etc, and Floyds are quite complex. They definitely do hardtail ones man. Maybe not in the colour you want, I don't know.
Washburn X50 Pro.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95