i tried searching using lots of different search terms, couldnt find a thread that answers my questions, and i dont have a clue what forum this thread belongs in, so i took an educated guess

im quite confused about some of the ins and outs of making all the necessary connections of a PA system. I know that the inputs go into the mixer, and ive got a basic understanding of mixers now. I know that the signal is then sent to the power amp, but this is the point at which i get confused.

As far as i know, the power amp is supposed to have about 30% more power (watts) than the combined power of all of the speakers. This is simple enough, but its when impedance (a good old friend of guitarists everywhere) comes along that things get really complicated. I know that certain combinations of series and parralel wiring between the speakers is necessary in order to match the impedance of the speakers to the impedance of the power amp, but this is what gets me;

TWO input channels AND TWO outputs. and i dont even know what those outputs ARE. i assume theyre some kind of combination of sending a signal and sending power to the speakers, but whats the connection at the speakers? does it split into an XLR and a plug socket? or is there a similar connection at the other end?

what confuses me even more is a segment of the description of the amp; "2x 750watt/4ohm, 2x 500watt/8ohm, 2x 1200watt/2ohm, 1x 2400watt/4ohm bridge", and no sign of a switch on the amp to change the channel configuration. I dont know what bridge means, and i dont know what the "2X, 1X" means. Can anyone offer an explanation?

thanks in advance

Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Mixer out's -> Power amp ins

Power amp outs -> Speaker in

There's two outputs on the power amp so you can hook two speakers seperately. So out 1 will go to the left speaker, out 2 will go right speaker.

The speakers should have the same kinda of socket as the outs on the power amp.

Unless I've totally mis understood your question, that should simplify it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Mixer out's -> Power amp ins

Power amp outs -> Speaker in

There's two outputs on the power amp so you can hook two speakers seperately. So out 1 will go to the left speaker, out 2 will go right speaker.

The speakers should have the same kinda of socket as the outs on the power amp.

Unless I've totally mis understood your question, that should simplify it.

already knew the first bit. and what im basically confused about is how to hook it up to more than 2 speakers, and why in the description theres several different configurations of impendences and wattages and seemingly nothing on the amp to select these configurations
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by jeowy

what confuses me even more is a segment of the description of the amp; "2x 750watt/4ohm, 2x 500watt/8ohm, 2x 1200watt/2ohm, 1x 2400watt/4ohm bridge", and no sign of a switch on the amp to change the channel configuration. I dont know what bridge means, and i dont know what the "2X, 1X" means. Can anyone offer an explanation?

thanks in advance

^Fair enough.

The numbers in the quote basically mean how much power goes out depending on how you've set it up. 2x750 watt/4ohms, means that if set to 4 ohms, if the 2 speakers are seperate, the amp will divide the power to 750 watts each.

So 2x500watt/8ohms means the speakers will be getting 500 watts.

Bridged means that the speakers are joined together, so instead of having channel 1 to one speaker and channel 2 to the other, you'd have power amp out->speaker in. Speaker out -> other speaker in.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
^Fair enough.

The numbers in the quote basically mean how much power goes out depending on how you've set it up. 2x750 watt/4ohms, means that if set to 4 ohms, if the 2 speakers are seperate, the amp will divide the power to 750 watts each.

So 2x500watt/8ohms means the speakers will be getting 500 watts.

Bridged means that the speakers are joined together, so instead of having channel 1 to one speaker and channel 2 to the other, you'd have power amp out->speaker in. Speaker out -> other speaker in.
thanks, that clears things up significantly more. but i see no impendance switch on the pictures of the power amp, and how much power should i be sending into each speaker? is it supposed to match the RMS of the speakers or the peak or what?
Quote by mr.happyman