All right, another track i have for my band, it's actually one of my shorter tracks (clocks in at almost 11 minutes).

Enjoy.

Also, this one actually has a solo (I'm not too fond of solos in my music).
Attachments:
The Ebony Trail - MIDI -.zip
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
overall good, the intro didn't flow into the first riff as smoothly as i would have liked but that is probably is due to the fact that is was just guitar, the solo is good and overall i liked the song a lot 9/10, and the 11 minutes just made it more awesome haha
Well, as the one above me said, its overall good, but it somehow doesn´t flow nicely. And there were no melodies that stuck in my head. I kinda felt "lost" in some places because of the timing. Wasn´t too fond on the solo either, and this definiatly needs drums! But overall, 8/10

Edit: Why do I always just write the things that I don´t like? I liked most parts of it very much.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Last edited by Madzää at Jun 12, 2008,
I like my pieces to flow weirdly, it adds creepiness and atmosphere. Well, not on MIDI of course

But, still thanks for the crits.

^ Thanks, I try my best.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Jun 12, 2008,
The intro is incredibly dissonant. Not necessarily creepy, but I like it. Kinda weird. The first distorted riff is pretty nice. Nice little weird vibe from the lead there. The next one though... I dont like this one so much. It's a bit odd. With drums and bass it'd be better, I think.

Nice pause, but I think it goes on too long. The acoustic is awesome. The next riff is cool. But I think it goes on too long. The next riff is really nice, and the acoustic afterwards is really good. All the different acoustic sections there are awesome.

The trem riff is nice (4.53). There doesnt seem to be a point to that short acoustic part... however the next acoustic is great, and I would have liked to see it go on a little longer. The riff after it is good though. Solo is pretty chaotic, its cool. Nice job with it.

The problem I see is that... it lacks direction. All the riffs at the end are nice. But there are too many pauses. This is kind of a theme throughout. And there are too many random acoustic sections. Most of the acoustics are great, but a few just... dont really make sense to me.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Thanks,

Most of the parts you pointed out that you didn't like are parts I didn't like myself

Quote by eggsandham2