There was this band that did a show here and their gear got stolen out of their van. They kept posting ads about it on Craigslist with a link to their Myspace. I was glad they did that because I found out they sucked so it was more funny than sad.
I guess picks don't count?
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Farether
I guess picks don't count?
Obviously. Anyway...this is Bass
Quote by smb
Nope...all my stuff is still good. What have you lost?

Some small amps and a few basses.

One of my basses actually **** out on me in the middle of a show. I had a Yamaha RBX 260. Neck joint complelety split when I did a neck bend.

I had p bass a freind left out in the rain.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
There was this band that did a show here and their gear got stolen out of their van. They kept posting ads about it on Craigslist with a link to their Myspace. I was glad they did that because I found out they sucked so it was more funny than sad.
Something like that is never funny. No matter how spoiled or "sucky" the people who own the gear are.

Just an opinion though.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by AboveTheBridge
Something like that is never funny. No matter how spoiled or "sucky" the people who own the gear are.

Just an opinion though.

I think you'll find it is :P.
Quote by smb
Obviously. Anyway...this is Bass

you must be new at this- bassists can use picks too!

I love you!

on topic, I recently lost my extra batteries. very sad if you have an active instrument.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
you must be new at this
Something like that...or maybe I was just trying to bait someone into a pointless argument.
That must be it...
Just found my batteries! Yay!
My mom took one, then didn't put them back in my gig bag.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

I had a whole pedal board get stolen from me once. It was just a few crappy Boss pedals and a Dunlop wah pedal though. And I eventually found my wah pedal at a guy's house that I knew, he said he bought it off a guy that I had suspected was behind the theft, and he gave it back to me for free which was pretty nice of him.
Quote by smb
Something like that...or maybe I was just trying to bait someone into a pointless argument.

Lol at him admitting it.
If you start moving your gear around where it could be stolen or left (studios, public transport, gigs) then take down the serial numbers of all your gear. Write them down in a safe place along with a good description.

This will mean that if your gear is stolen and turns up on ebay, you can check. Also, any stuff recoved by the cops will be much easier to prove that it's yours if you have the serial numbers and reciepts.

You may want to go as far as to write a message on the underside of the pickguard with a sharpie and write this down along with the serial number, this will further go as proof of ownership.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by GrandeAcure
Lol at him admitting it.

pointless arguments are great. I don't care too much if I fell for the joke.
I shoulda seen it.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard