anyone else think its a good guitar???
im quite proud of mines
but some of the people at my school are saying oh its a s*** guitar??
can anyone tell me why its got a bad reputation with some guitarists???
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
They think Epiphone is an inferior brand because of the name.
If you like it, more power to ya.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
whats so wrong with the name???
i love it
its a really good guitar and its got gorgeous graphics
i actually never got on with my ex-rythym guitarist coz he kept on slagging it
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
I love mine
elitests think it's lame because it costs less
I think it's smarter to buy an epi and get some sick pickups installed, that's what I'm doing
Quote by ParamoreMadXD

can anyone tell me why its got a bad reputation with some guitarists???

it has bad rep with bassists, epi guitars are pretty quality, and the g-400 sg is pretty damn fly
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
epiphones are quite similiar to Gibsons IMO, and the les paul is definately a good guitar, people only slag it off cos its cheaper and isnt made by gibson.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by ParamoreMadXD
i love it
They think it sucks because Epiphone is usually a "starter" brand, for guys who can't afford Gibsons.

They're ignorant.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I have one too. It's worth the money, but if you have a grand to spend, spend it one a real Gibson. I do also find that the G, B, and e strings are hard to tune in the way that you have to tune them just right or else it sounds really bad. But it may just be me though.
i use to own a Gibson SG Standard and recently checked out the Epi SGs.... looks/sounds dam fine to me esp for the $
I think that it has a bad rep is because people (like me) have the special which is a crappy entry level! I dont like mine only because its a starter guitar for beginners!
well who cares bout them
hey its your guitar and your opinion innit??
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
I own an Epi SG Special and that's about as basic as you can get. I love the tone. Only problem is, it goes out of tune easily. It's a well made and beautiful guitar. If you like playing it, it sounds decent and it isn't held to gether by prayer and Elmer's glue, who gives a sh-t how "cheap" some people think it is?

Getting into hollows so I don't mind having this. May get one LP or something down the line but I love that SG.

If you slapped "Gibson" or "Les Paul" on a sh-t filled diaper, half of UG would sell one of their kidneys for one.

Sad.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Quote by ParamoreMadXD
i love it

because it's just a lower brand from Gibson, but those people are stupid, because some epiphones (high end) are better than some gibsons (low end).

screw those people. Like Underjoggle said: More power to ya!
O O

___
The g-3100 comes with terrible humbuckers...TERRIBLE.
Guitars gear
Fender Nashville Telecaster
Vox AD30 Valvetronix
Zoom 707 multi effects
It's just people being pricks, man. There are some really crap Epiphones out there, but there's some lovely ones too. I got a Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and a Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition, and the Epi compares really well. So yeah, I wouldn't worry man.

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Maybe it's because you got the Emily the Strange one.

TS you will learn in life that opinions are nothing more than that. Most are uninformed opinions or jumping on the bandwagon. If you drove a ferrari to school there will always be some who made fun of it now wouldnt there.
Quote by slash=legend
The g-3100 comes with terrible humbuckers...TERRIBLE.

G-3,100's? They must be terrible, because that isn't an actual guitar.

But anyways, I'm really wanting a G-400 soon, I think it's a great guitar! (Though I haven't yet gotten to compare it to a gibson...) Anyone have experience with the 1966 edition?

As for the TS, Epiphone makes quality guitars (for the most part), and people who think it's inferior because of the name don't really matter anyways.
Quote by -Blue-

G-310.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by -Blue-

But anyways, I'm really wanting a G-400 soon, I think it's a great guitar! (Though I haven't yet gotten to compare it to a gibson...) Anyone have experience with the 1966 edition?

As for the TS, Epiphone makes quality guitars (for the most part), and people who think it's inferior because of the name don't really matter anyways.

I have the '66 reissue, it's pretty much a vintage with better tuners.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
its all about the name to some folks...who cares...
all you need is a guitar that is comfortable and is made well.
Change the pickups and it can be great!
This is my G-400...and trust me..the Gibson Elitists bite
their tongues when Im playin....
Attachments:
tatoos.JPG
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by Washburnd Fretz
its all about the name to some folks...who cares...
all you need is a guitar that is comfortable and is made well.
Change the pickups and it can be great!
This is my G-400...and trust me..the Gibson Elitists bite
their tongues when Im playin....

I bet the fashion police don't. I hope those stickers don't leave nasty crap on your guitar when you grow out of them.
I have the same guitar, and while its not the best, its a great guitar for its price. Your friends prolly just say that cuz they played one that wasn't set up properly. For some reason, a lot of them arent set up properly but this is usually fixed in minutes. I think its a pretty good guitar tho, my only complaints are the strap button placement and the neck is heavier than the body which makes the neck slide to the floor if u dont hold on to it.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
I bet the fashion police don't. I hope those stickers don't leave nasty crap on your guitar when you grow out of them.

I wont outgrow them! This is my metal guitar...I got plenty of others
that only have the original finish but this one is about attitude and
the things that reflect me. I need a ton of more vinyls to go...but
i will see it finished someday...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Jun 12, 2008,
Quote by mmjohn
nice guitars....................but the neck dives SUCK!!
Well that's nothign to do with the Epi ones, that's just how all SGs made by any brand are, even master crafted Gibson Custom Shop SGs suffer from harsh neck dive. That's just what you get when you have a guitar with a full mahogany neck and a very slim body. The only reason why most Fender Strats and Teles don't suffer from it too is because their necks tend to be made of a lighter wood.

Quote by Washburnd Fretz

This is my G-400...
Urgh, how could you do that!? All those horrible stickers... I've got one of those Alpine White G-400s myself, and I could never do something so horrible to my baby
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Hey SG's are Awesome My friend has a Epi SG and his dad a Gibson SG, his dad thinks the Epi sounds better than his Gibson xD! Theres nothing wrong with them, Jack Black in School Of Rock has 1
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
This is my guitar
its a real beauty
i love it
Attachments:
SP_A0463.jpg
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape