My CAE Boost/Line Drive just arrived and I have one question about it. My nice amp (DSL 50 1/2 stack) is at my bands practice space so im trying out through my MG30. Yeah I know MG's suck but its ust my practice amp. i just put the pedal in front of my amp (guitar-pedal-amp) and tried it out. I had it all the way up on the 20 dB boost and it didnt seem to make a huge difference like i expected it to. I assume it will work better once i put it in the effects loop of my tube amp. Right? Now that leads to the next question. Ive never really used an effects loop, i just put everything in line. to use it i just put a cord from the output of the pedal to the effects loop input on the back of my amp and step on the pedal i assume. I had an effects loop on the Mg100 and it had a wet/dry knob and nothing ever seemed to work that way so i just gave up. My DSL doesnt have one of those knobs so i assume i dont have to worry about anything like that.
The loop should have both a send and return. The send goes to the pedal input, pedal output goes to the return.

Might want to turn it back to zero before turning it on
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by VRAerosmith2
My CAE Boost/Line Drive just arrived and I have one question about it. My nice amp (DSL 50 1/2 stack) is at my bands practice space so im trying out through my MG30. Yeah I know MG's suck but its ust my practice amp. i just put the pedal in front of my amp (guitar-pedal-amp) and tried it out. I had it all the way up on the 20 dB boost and it didnt seem to make a huge difference like i expected it to. I assume it will work better once i put it in the effects loop of my tube amp. Right? Now that leads to the next question. Ive never really used an effects loop, i just put everything in line. to use it i just put a cord from the output of the pedal to the effects loop input on the back of my amp and step on the pedal i assume. I had an effects loop on the Mg100 and it had a wet/dry knob and nothing ever seemed to work that way so i just gave up. My DSL doesnt have one of those knobs so i assume i dont have to worry about anything like that.

DO NOT PUT IT IN THE EFFECTS LOOP!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's over with...(unless the idea of it is to compensate for the small loss of volume in the effects loop)

It's my understanding that it's used as a kind over overdrive for pushing the preamp section of the amp louder. Put that in your effects loop, congratulations, enjoy being deaf

EDIT: I may well be wrong, but whenever I see the word 'boost' it screams to be put in front of the amp.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
On a low setting it shouldn't be overly loud in the loop, but then again, I don't really know the pedal all that well. A buddy of mine used a Boss Graphic EQ in the loop for the same reason. Just dial it in intelligently and its no problem.

For the sake of your amp and your ears though, I would experiment at low volumes. See which mode is right for the boost you want, then turn it down a mode (Less power) and then start to turn the amp up.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
In the effects loop, it works superbly as a master volume. However, I probably wouldn't recommend using it there.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
In the effects loop, it works superbly as a master volume. However, I probably wouldn't recommend using it there.

so you're saying that if I put it in the effects loop it will be like a footswitchable master volume, cause thats what i was looking to use it for. Why wouldn't you recommend using it there?
Last edited by VRAerosmith2 at Jun 11, 2008,
Quote by VRAerosmith2
so you're saying that if I put it in the effects loop it will be like a footswitchable master volume, cause thats what i was looking to use it for. Why wouldn't you recommend using it there?

What I was trying to say is that the only reason I would use it in the effects loop is as a footswitchable master volume.

So gogo! do it! (just make sure it's turned down before you do it)

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
nice thanks. ill turn it down dont worry. 20 dB might hurt my hearing pretty quickly...