Alright guys, I have this RG120 here, and I was thinking of changing out the two humbuckers. I dont want active humbuckers, becuase I hate ****ing with the batteries, and installation costs are through the roof. I just want a good pair of Metal-ish, passive, humbuckers that have an Avenged Sevenfold sound to them. Any brand/model suggestions?

Heres my RG: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG120-Electric-Guitar-103576583-i1167511.gc

Mines in white.
Avenged Sevenfold sound, you'd want seymore duncan invaders
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp
agathis. ugh.

duncan SH-6 for bridge at least. dont know about neck, maybe (dont completely trust this) a Gibson Dirty Fingers??

EDIT: invaders suck. no offense.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Amp?

WEBBDIT: Guy saying Invaders, just shut up. You'll be saying Dimebuckers next.
Last edited by webbtje at Jun 11, 2008,
Invaders do suck but thats whats in the syn's schecter custom
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp
^^good point. bad amp=bad sound. period.

^also good point. cant see why anyone would want invaders though.....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
^kick ass combo. imo second only to the JB/pearly gates. for me, that is. wierd combo, i know, but it works
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
SH-5 are good, Also here good things about the SH-15 and SH-6
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp
i try alot of pups (in other guitars, not mine) and id have to put the SH-5 and -15 in my top 5, there amazing pups
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Yeah, thanks for all the response. I have a Spider 3 75 watt for practice, and a Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 for live.
Last edited by Lunchbox362 at Jun 11, 2008,
Yeah, if you're unhappy with your tone, then it's because of the amps. Sorry man. A pickup change will do next to nothing.
Im ok with the sound, just dont like the output of the factory pickups. And pickups DO make a difference in sound. Just need a little more crunch, a little for bite from my pickups, and I cant get that from the cheapo factory ones.
Output only makes a substantial difference when it's in the context of driving a tube amp.

Any money you chuck at pickups will be wasted. Especially if the guitar's wood is Agathis.
Well, output would help to drive the pre-amp of a tube amp more. On solid state ones, especially (no offense) low-quality ones like that, there's no equivalent. You'll get a load of digital clipping, and if anything high-output pickups will make them sound worse.
I know u may think 'wtf, this is a MARSHALL', but marshall solid states suck. if u really want marshall tone, f*** pups, save up and get a JVM or JCM2000

if ur happy, ur the 1st MG owner ive heard of that doesnt hate their amp.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Im ok with the amp. This is just me thinking of how to improve my cheapy RG. I dont even use it live. I have a herllraiser avenger that i use for everything. This is like a project, ya know?
Buy Invaders ,If U want A7X sound just buy them ,don't listen to guys saing U their favourites pups ,for me sh-8 is nothing specjal but it gives U this soun (of course Syn uses XXXXX$ gear but it will be similar but crappy:P)

U need new amp aswell