so i have a cheap first act guitar that i got when i first started playing guitar and i want to make it better (if at all possible) i'm thinking about changing the crappy tuners, the bridge, and adding a dimebucker i have a question though, Would it mess up the guitar or anything if i just make a new pickguard and cover up the old pick up holes and just have one humbucker? because it has 2 single coils as well as one humbucker. and would it be worth doing all of this to the guitar in the first place?
Have:
Dean DOF w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Pickup Set
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50w Head
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
awesome thanks =D
Have:
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
Why did you buy that?

*slaps supersolus666 cross the face*

My advice is buy a real guitar. Buy a Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, etc. Anythin but nother First Act. Those guitars may be cheap in price, but they are also cheap in quality. They're ****in embarrasments. Buy somethin real and quit embarrasin yourself. It's way more worth it to get any other guitar than to customize this piece of ****.
dude give me a break it was my FIRST guitar and i didnt even buy it my parents got it for me 5 years ago
Have:
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
tell us you've got somthin better since then!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by Metallist65
Why did you buy that?

*slaps supersolus666 cross the face*

My advice is buy a real guitar. Buy a Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, etc. Anythin but nother First Act. Those guitars may be cheap in price, but they are also cheap in quality. They're ****in embarrasments. Buy somethin real and quit embarrasin yourself. It's way more worth it to get any other guitar than to customize this piece of ****.

Hush foo.

Do you know what kind of wood the guitar is made of? If it's decent then go and mod it, if it's **** than think twice about modding.

And don't get a dimebucker, get the Bill Lawrence XL-500, like the other guiy said, it's much better.
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
tell us you've got somthin better since then!

yea i have a few other guitars but i want to customize this one for the hell of it pretty much
Have:
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
i wouldnt go nuts, but do it for some good practice, so if u want to mod a better guitar, u dont f*** up
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking