Hey UG. I'm not looking to be flamed about the game, and this isn't really about the game, so it doesn't go in the game thread.

My Rock Band Bass pedal snapped in HALF today. In a most spectacular fashion, I might add (envision a spring almost hitting me in the head). Before I send mine off to EA for a replacement, I was looking at these items;

Bass Pedal Repair $29.99?
Bass Pedal Cover? $19.99

Does anyone have experience with these? Will these be okay to cover my completely shattered pedal with or do I need to get a new pedal first?
Quote by Mazzakazza
Play Meshuggah. It is the solution.
unless your justinge3 i dont want to know :P

edit id get the secound one looks the same as the 10 buck more one
Last edited by rancidryan at Jun 11, 2008,
you know, its free to just send it back to EA. It should be covered in the Warrenty. they send you a box and everything.
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
Quote by Metallist65
Why not play a real ****in guitar? And send your pedal back to EA if you ****in must?

It's actually a drum part. If you're going to flame him for playing the game at least do it right.
Quote by Metallist65
Why not play a real ****in guitar? And send your pedal back to EA if you ****in must?

*facepalm*
He said it wasn't about the game! That was the first thing he said! So that he could avoid stupid unhelpful comments like that. It's only a game, if you don't like it, don't play it.

TS, it should be covered in the warranty, they'll send a new one.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
i think 3rd party hardware might be necessary, you don't want it to keep breaking etc.

try some home remedies first, bit of gaffa or a block of wood as protection, if not get it repaired then get some form of protection on it.

Then play a real instrument.
Coming from a non drummer, I think Rock Band drums are hella fun. They make a pleasant change from playing guitar to playing a guitar-game.
I play a real ****ing instrument, thank you. I play guitar, I know how to play trumpet, and I was in ****ing high school band. I just happen to like doing something other than playing my instrument, and OH MY GOD, I play a music game. Please know what you're flaming before you act all high and mighty.

Thanks to those who did help.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Play Meshuggah. It is the solution.
Quote by Metallist65

*cough* shut it n00b *cough*

Just buy the second one, the cover.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
I'll help, I play rock band and a real instrument. Go to www.megapedal.com and buy one of theirs, your pedal will never break again.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75
Old SG Mock
Same thing happened to mine. Luckly my friend works at game crazy. I plan on filling the holes underneath it with some epoxy to strengthen the pedal when he gets me the new one.