If anyone knows of a good pedal for this type of distortion i would appreciate it. I was wondering if anyone has tried out the Sansamp Tri a.c. distorion pedal. i've been considering buying one based on reviews even through i've never been able to try it. would this be a good pedal for the sound i want it for?

Thanks again for any help.
Boss MT-2 could dirty up your sound to match most tones out there. on average, i think they're around $80... not sure as i got mine used.
Pete uses a Mesa Boogie Mark IV. but also uses the sans amp on a few songs for extra grit, id say go for it! what amp do you own btw?
Quote by amputecture
Boss MT-2 could dirty up your sound to match most tones out there. on average, i think they're around $80... not sure as i got mine used.

Nice username, bad advice. MT-2s aren't very good. At least they aren't without some modding.
The pedal would be for the singer of my band who recently start playing while singing. He has a Spider III (christmas present, not his choice) and I have i Spider Valve. we both plan to upgrade to new amps as soon as budget allows it. Until then we need a better distortion sound for him. Mine amp is not the greatest, but his definately highlights the suck, if you know what i'm says'n.