I've been interested in writing Stoner Rock for a while know, and while I know some of the features of it, i.e. a Mid to Slow tempo and a repeating riff through out, it can't be that simple, what else am I missing in stoner rock?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Depends - it's a pretty wide subgenre really. What sort of thing are you talking about? Kyuss/Sleep etc?
Spiritual Beggars calls themselves stoner rock. i'm not sure why, but i think they're awesome
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Stratmaster458
listen to some Kyuss, Priestess, Wolfmother, The Sword, Black Sabbath etc and mix it all together

its mainly the Black Sabbath that does it
Quote by EddieCraig
your probably missing the getting stoned part

right on
Look at Sublime's What I Got. Couldnt be much simpler. Very easy rhythm and like two chords and a little solo.

Alternatively, get wrecked and play what you think sounds fun(ny).
A bit part of stoner rock/metal is simply the sound. Big, fuzzy, downtuned guitars and basses are a big defining feature. I've found that using a bit of a swing rhythm to get that "rolling" sound is a nice trick as well.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/imgooley/music/all/play397912

Like this?

Listen to some Eyehategod and Electric Wizard, dude.

Then get trashed and write some riffs.
Quote by EddieCraig
your probably missing the getting stoned part
Stoner rock is just normal rock played by stoners. There might be a lyrical theme about hallucinations, but that can be faked pretty easily.

Write music sober

Play music stoned

Wear ripped clothes and make your hair look like a nest