I have an Ibanez RG with an edge III, licensed floyd rose bridge and it's been pissing me off for a long time lol. So I looked into tremol-no, and though about buying it. I saw other techniques of blocking the tremolo with 2 wooden blocks. And that seems a lot cheaper, but maybe harder to do?

Do you think I should just get tremol-no? Or would it not be that hard to block the tremolo myslef?
Ibby with an Edge III? I hear that, I have the same problem.

I was gonna get a tremol-no a while ago, but instead of spending £50 I'll tell you my alternative method. I fitted it with some new string and made sure the action was to my liking, tuned it and whatever. Then, the only change I made from before was I didn't fit the locking nuts at the headstock back on.

And its stayed perfectly in tune ever since. Seriously. It makes the trem useless of course, but that suits me since I don't use the damn thing anyway, I find them annoying. However I can't downtune without the whole guitar going out (I believe with a tremol-no you can do drop D and whatever).

So yeah, try that method and see if it works for you. If not, block it or get a tremol-no by all means, but I see it as a bit of a waste of money tbh.
Yeah I can't palm mute too hard or the bridge gets pushed in, and most of my songs I play are in standard tuning, but a lot of songs I want to play are in drop D, so I have issues with that.
Quote by jake911
JUst block the tremolo and you could go back and forth easily.

well do you reccomend just using blocks of wood? or purchasing tremol-no?
Quote by Andyrew004
well do you reccomend just using blocks of wood? or purchasing tremol-no?

How much do you want to spend? Tremol-no is going to cost a lot more than a small block of wood, but a block of wood will need to be "massaged" to fit in tightly.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
i converted my trem start into a hardtail. really easy, doesnt take that long, and cost me about 15$ for matierals, paint, sandpaper etc. it was my first ever time working on a guitar and it looks great, if ur gonna fill it, theres a thing on project gutiar to look at. thats what i used.
-cheers
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
I blocked the floating trem on my strat cost me well nothing as I just used 2 door shims I had at the house.
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but if you block it with wood, will you be able to go from E to D standard and stuff?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)