Okay, I'm modding my Squire Affinity Strat and I can't stand the stock pickups. I'm looking for the bridge and middle positions. I want a pickup that can do blues, funk, great cleans, and Hendrix sounds. I'm looking at this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SSL1-Vintage-Staggered-Pickup?sku=300321
Opinions?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Hmm.. Why just the bridge and middle? If I were you I'd replce the whole set. Tbh, there's a term I like to use called "Polishing a turd", Sure the guitar will sound "okay" after you do the pickup change, but after you did all this, and with all the money you spend, you could have one hell of a better guitar just buying a new one.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Whoops, did I say bridge and middle? I ment neck and middle. sorry. I already replaced the bridge with a JB Jr. Yeah, the reason I'm modding it is because it has an alder body and I got the whole guitar cheaper than just an alder body on ebay. And it's fun.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Honestly, it's probably not worth modding. I would just save for a nice mim strat and be done with it. Many of them have pretty good pups.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I can honestly say it is. I know quality is kinda hit and miss on Squires but I've torn the thing completly apart, and it looks like I've got a good one. I played it side by side to a MIM unplugged, and I couldn't tell the difference. And I like working on it
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

^Good deal, I just figured by the odds you had a bad one. I was actually gonna ask how it sounded acoustically. Are you trying to go with vintage singles or more modern hum canceling coils? Those duncans are probably good, but if you want some hum cancelers that sound vintage dimarzio makes some. Probably worth a look.
why would you mod a squier..

just get a better guitar instead..

hell get one of those 400 dollar standard strats even.
If he has a good one he could honestly just replace the neck and have something probably as nice as an american standard with the right pups.
I'm wanting that true vintage strat sound, hum isn't that bad even with these piece of **** stock one, so I think I'm good there. If I were to get Dimarzios would I have any trouble with combining them with my SD's?
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

I've never bought a set of Dimarzios, but I don't see why there should be any problems at all mixing them with SD's. I've got a strat copy I modded a wee bit 3 or so years ago, JB in the bridge, Swineshead spotlight in the neck. I've got the middle tone pot rewired to the JB, and sank the rubbish stock middle pickup flush with the pickguard, as it got in my way and sounds ****e.
...Bleep Bloop...
The only pups that really don't mix well are ones with wildly different outputs and passives and actives together.