im lookng at trading my se singlecut in to et one of these as they are quite heap and look pretty good, im wanting to play old skool metal such as iron maiden, maybe a bit of motley crue (not really metal i no) any one had any experience with these in standard tunning will it need to be set up diff ? or just change the strings? any advice would be great !
Personally if I wanted the tone for Maiden I'd go with some kind of Fat Strat, not an MTM; the wood choice and pickups choice on the MTM aren't really good for that old school tone, the body wood is different and the pickups in the MTM will probably be too modern voiced for that kind of tone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
this is your 2nd thread. it's the exact same thread as the other one. delete the other one.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
ok ill delete the other one, if someone tells me how? it was an accident i may add. i wont do it again i would hate for the ultimate internet police to put me away.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Personally if I wanted the tone for Maiden I'd go with some kind of Fat Strat, not an MTM; the wood choice and pickups choice on the MTM aren't really good for that old school tone, the body wood is different and the pickups in the MTM will probably be too modern voiced for that kind of tone.

+1
Quote by 666_Pounder
If you don't have enough for tube get a Roland Cube.

Equipment:
Fender Squire Fat Strat Affinity series
Some cheap amp....
right all deleted, is this guitar any good in standard tunning ? and generally is it an nice playable guitar or a great big dirty piece of aids ridden cow udders?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

+ f***ing 10000. get a fat strat or some other guitar.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC