okay, so i'm getting into like acoustic music, and i really like acoustic sounds.. but then i like to all of a sudden bam drums and bass come in, and my guitar get a bit of an overdrive to it.. what should i do.. use an electric for both parts? use acoustic for both parts? or would a semi be like meeting it in the middle? if so what are some good semis? (under 700), real bang for the buck.
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Well you could always just pop your amp on clean and try that out.

if that doesn't work there are a selection of acoustic simulation pedals.

or if you wanna put some big money on a guitar that can switch between acoustic and electric sounds you could put money down on an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra or Fender VG Strat.

but if you want to throw in acoustic and electric sounds in a song or such it really just comes down to recording.
You can get a simulation pedal, or just leave it down to recording are a few options.

And +1 to the suggestion of a tele
Quote by Womage
You can get a simulation pedal, or just leave it down to recording are a few options.

And +1 to the suggestion of a tele

thanks
Assuming you're using a solidbody, you could see if you could have a piezo system installed. That would give you acoustic tone.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Or get a guitar with Piezos in the bridge? they are supposed to sound like a Acoustic Guitar
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
so tele's are what i want for a good acoustic-y sound? and then will be able to have the electric sound when OD'd
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Well, a Telecaster IS an electric, so of course it'll have a good overdrive sound. It's just the general tone of a Tele that would lend it to an acoustic-ish sound, I suppose. Maybe moreso if you get a Thinline Tele...
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay