I've used the search bar so i know the basics about scalloped frets, but one thing i haven't been able to find anywhere is a video of a bass with scalloped frets
i want to hear how it sounds and see one in action etc. before i attempt to do it

anyone got any vids or got a scalloped bass and willing to make a vid?
i've seen guitar ones but i'm looking specifically for a bass vid
thanks all x
Rockin' shit
It makes it easier to bend those upper strings on shred solos. I imagine hanging with Stevie Vai, who has a few scalloped guitars may have been an influence.

And I am severely bummed I couldn't come up with a good Scientology joke here, but its too hot outside and I'm feeling a bit too lazy.
Blimey. Well I've learned something new. Surely you must be using pretty light strings for it to be easier to bend just by pushing hard than by actually bending the string on bass though? I'm sure he knows what he's doing though (aside from joining cults, of course)
also on the topic of Billy Sheehan, his Yamaha Attitudes come with those 5 scalloped frets.
However, I am against buying a $1500 because some machine took 3 seconds to chop 5 holes in it's neck.
If you dig the tone and fatty neck too though...maybe.

If you want to do it on your own bass, I'm sure someone will know how.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
also on the topic of Billy Sheehan, his Yamaha Attitudes come with those 5 scalloped frets.
However, I am against buying a $1500 because some machine took 3 seconds to chop 5 holes in it's neck.
If you dig the tone and fatty neck too though...maybe.

If you want to do it on your own bass, I'm sure someone will know how.

You are paying for more than just those scalloped frets.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You are paying for more than just those scalloped frets.

yes, but he is interested in the scalloped frets. notice the little bit about the tone and the fatty neck...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom