all the other pickup positions I was able to change the tone by rolling off and on the tone pot. however when i put the pickup selecter to treble, the tone pot does nothing to the tone.
i think it's meant to be like that. on some strats (most often ones based on vintage ones), the bridge pickup isn't wired up to the tone pot. it's an easy fix (if you can solder) though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have always been shocked Fender never addressed this flaw on most of their Strat products.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
Quote by CutlassSupreme
I have always been shocked Fender never addressed this flaw on most of their Strat products.

i'ts not a flaw it's how they are produced. it's up to the individual to change if they wish.
Quote by mmjohn
i'ts not a flaw it's how they are produced. it's up to the individual to change if they wish.

That's a matter of opinion. Some designs and design features were better in the 50's, and some weren't. Keep the good of the past and upgrade the bad of the past, and if somebody wants a 50's accurate Strat, buy a reissue.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
i'm not a guitar tech but this is easy to fix

and if it was a bad tone pot for some reason they are like $6 dollars

my MIM originally had lower tone control for HB and Mid and upper tone control for Mid and Neck....at least i think.

too many mods lol
Well as it has 3 pickups and 2 tone knobs some compromises had to be made. Some prefer the bridge pickup tone being full blast. Some dont so its not a flaw it was made exactly as leo fender intended. Some would consider the single overall tone knob a flaw. So to each their own.