How do I do this? The guy put them on wrong so now it says its only at 7 when maxed =(
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Pull them out with hand, or grab a flathead screwdriver and pop it off
You see that thing on the end of your arm?

Use it.

If you can't get it off using that

Get a screwdriver or similar object suitable for leverage, and put a cloth or tissue on the body of the guitar so you don't put a ding in it. Then lever the knob off.

Unless you have the metal knobs with the little screws on, in which case you'll need a very small screwdriver.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Sorry guys, all you had to do was tell me. Didn't have to be so mean about it. I just didn't wanna break anything =(

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Pull. Glue. Resposition. Push.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
If they're press fit knobs, just use your bare hands (like a beast!) and pull them off with a bit o' pressure.
If they're on using set screws.. well, what does one normally use with screws?
using a screwdriver is easy, just pry it off, nothing will break. just make sure you don't scuff anything.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Thanks, I just pulled it off.

the safest way (w/o harming ur guitar finish that is) to remove knobs that won't come off just w/ ur hands is the ol' t-shirt method:

take a thin t-shirt and slide it under AND around the knob (under the flat part, where you'd stick a flat head screwdriver) and then get a good solid grip pulling upward on it. then just yank a couple times. this will keep you from possibly chipping the rim of your guitar knobs (i did this using the screwdriver method )

that's my advice
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by black-sabbath
Pull. Glue. Resposition. Push.

there ya go.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Just a quick tip, guys - a pick, slid underneath and used as a lever in a rocking motion, will usually get it off easily without damaging the finish and is quicker than mucking about with a t-shirt.
Quote by slash_rocks2005
the safest way (w/o harming ur guitar finish that is) to remove knobs that won't come off just w/ ur hands is the ol' t-shirt method:

take a thin t-shirt and slide it under AND around the knob (under the flat part, where you'd stick a flat head screwdriver) and then get a good solid grip pulling upward on it. then just yank a couple times. this will keep you from possibly chipping the rim of your guitar knobs (i did this using the screwdriver method )

that's my advice

I would always suggest this method.. I would'nt recomend using a screw driver... it's possible to mar the finish and/or break knobs with a screw driver
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Jun 11, 2008,
Quote by Reildeal
I would always suggest this method.. I would recomend using a screw driver... it's possible to mar the finish and/or break knobs with a screw driver

Don't you mean NOT recommend the screwdriver?
i use a pantyhose sock, i slip under then sling shot off the knobs.

what you guys dont have any handy?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
naaa i just use my grandma's old underwear....uh...i mean i use Chuck Norris's old underwear!

that was close...almost embarassed myself there.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
yeah, one time i considered not arc welding the knobs on to my guitar, but then i figured better safe than sorry.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Don't you mean NOT recommend the screwdriver?

yeah, exactly what I meant! hehe, thanks for catching that
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by kyle62
Just a quick tip, guys - a pick, slid underneath and used as a lever in a rocking motion, will usually get it off easily without damaging the finish and is quicker than mucking about with a t-shirt.

+1
leave it like that. When people look at you and try to mimic your
tone..it will throw them off..lol
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett