Hi,

About 1 month ago or so I bought my first ever Distortion Pedal, a Digitech Metal Master Pedal online.

I got it delivered, and I was only able to test it for a couple of mins, didn't really get much time at all. But that night i left the Jack plugs connected, and at that time it was running on battery power, so It used all the power up, only learn t this afterwards.

So I had no power left in the battery, it said plug in a 9v adapter, or replace the battery

I went and bought a official 9v Adapter for the Pedal of a certified website that resales digitech gear and accessories. I got it delivered.

I plugged it in, and found that it lit up the power icon on the pedal, so it was receiving power from the plug, but when I plugged in the guitar and amp, all i received was a similar sound to feedback from a guitar then though the amp, that does not go away, and I can't create any effects through the pedal, or the amp.

So the pedal does not work at all. It is extremely faded and distant, the distortion when I play through the pedal and the loud 'feedback similar' sound is constant.

I don't know what to do, anyone got any advice?
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
you usually have to remove the battery when you plug in a mains adapter, try that?
ohai little sig.
You may have a bad ground or something aswell
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
that pedal really isn't that great anyway. i'm buying another distortion pedal because that one sounds alot like noise.
I've seen emo-er.

Member of the "I am a Fan of Gaycore Wrestle-Metal" Fanclub.
Thats it though, the Charger is fine, it's brand new.

I think i'll just try replacing the battery, see what that does, however, if I do that, the sticker on the back says if I remove the back then i void warranty oh noes.

/facepalm.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
Quote by Ironza
Thats it though, the Charger is fine, it's brand new.

I think i'll just try replacing the battery, see what that does, however, if I do that, the sticker on the back says if I remove the back then i void warranty oh noes.

/facepalm.

You don't have to remove the back, you just push in the pin and the stomp-area-trigger-thing pops off. That's where the battery is.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I tried taking out the battery, and it does the same thing, still It causes the amp to produce the feedback sound, and it won't let me turn it on/off.

Should I try replacing the 9v battery and seeing if it works then?
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
Have you got it plugged in the right way? To me it sounds like youve plugged the cables in backwards.

Checked cables, playing straight into your amp, try another adaptor or battery if possible.
What you mean backwards?

I've tried running the jack from the amp to the pedal, then to the guitar, and I've tried running the jack from the cable of both of the sockets in the pedal, it's labeled 'Out 1: Amp, and Out 2: Mixer, I've tried both sockets, since it doesnt actually say which is which, where either could be 1 or 2.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
Well it should go guitar - > cable - > input of pedal (usually on the right hand side), then out: 1 amp (usually on the left) - > cable - > input of amplifier.

Are all the jacks in securely?

Have you tried both the ables individually without the pedal. I dont see how anything fried over night just because you left the battery in, unless it leaked, have you got anything else to test the adaptor on?

Does your adaptor have different voltages that you can select? Is it on the correct one. Does your adaptor supply enough current? Check the max withdraw from the adaptor is greater or the same as than what your pedal sucks out, (I think most digitechs are around 300mA).
Same as before.

I don't know if its the pedal or the cable or whatever, or the jacks.

Jacks work fine.
It's a brand new 9v power adapter.
Don't see why the pedal should not be working, it's still mint.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
you ask if it is screwed.

YES

it is digitech...
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte