Page 1 of 2
Basically, if you record, post some pics of the area that you record in. Whether it be in a dark, damp basement, or a nice, professional looking atmosphere, we want to see it!

Here are a few of mine. I have a room separate from the house that I "soundproofed" with an old mattress against the windows ( lame... ). It has a bathroom (clean) and a comfy couch where I can relax when I get too fed up with how frickin' frustrating recording is !!! Anyways, pictures.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/jasonrichards/P6100560.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/jasonrichards/P6110561.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/jasonrichards/P6110562.jpg

Post yours! (Or just describe it.)
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Shouldn't this be in Riffs and Recording?

Edit: OK, Dready gives it the go-ahead.

Last edited by blue_strat at Jun 11, 2008,
Quote by blue_strat
Shouldn't this be in Riffs and Recording?

I believe that forum is for posting songs/riffs that you've recorded. Correct me if I'm wrong however.

EDIT: I see what you mean, you're talking about the main R/R forum, not the subcategories. I'll ask a mod, hold up.

EDIT 2:
.:16·24·43:. ( Dready ) i think it's fine in the pit
Seems fine.
Portugal. The Man »–
Last edited by jasonmetal love at Jun 11, 2008,
Ill put mine later
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
is that a prs?
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
Quote by unknownpunkrock
is that a prs?

Why yes, yes it is.
Portugal. The Man »–
Looks nice, quite the collection too!
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal

Don't worry, I'm gonna get rid of that MG this summer. Fender Hot Rod is on it's way!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

Don't worry, I'm gonna get rid of that MG this summer. Fender Hot Rod is on it's way!

Lol, nice guitar hero guitar!
Portugal. The Man »–
hey, jasonmetal... that PRS... looks a lot like mine, only mine has a dark cherry sunburst finish on it... custom 24 right? very nice guitar. yea, my set up's kinda like that too, except i have to use my keyboard for the drum parts, seeing as i dont actually OWN a drum set.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
hey, jasonmetal... that PRS... looks a lot like mine, only mine has a dark cherry sunburst finish on it... custom 24 right? very nice guitar. yea, my set up's kinda like that too, except i have to use my keyboard for the drum parts, seeing as i dont actually OWN a drum set.

Yeah, custom 24 + 20th Anniversary. I don't own that drum set either. It's my friends and he's usually in there every day (with or without me). He's got his own key. We usually collab. together to make a song and then throughout the month that it usually takes we add all our parts together. Sometimes alone. Then, I get my friend with keys to come in and set his stuff up and he'll record keys. Last is the vox. I'll choose from three mics depending on what type of sound I'm getting. Very last is the mastering and addition of effects on certain tracks. It's a long process but it sounds pretty legit when everything is done.
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love
Lol, nice guitar hero guitar!

Yeah, I use it when I'm really trying to get a heavier sound on songs. Those humbuckers provide much better distortion.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by jasonmetal love
Basically, if you record, post some pics of the area that you record in. Whether it be in a dark, damp basement, or a nice, professional looking atmosphere, we want to see it!

Here are a few of mine. I have a room separate from the house that I "soundproofed" with an old mattress against the windows ( lame... ). It has a bathroom (clean) and a comfy couch where I can relax when I get too fed up with how frickin' frustrating recording is !!! Anyways, pictures.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/jasonrichards/P6100560.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/jasonrichards/P6110561.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/jasonrichards/P6110562.jpg

Post yours! (Or just describe it.)

mines fairly similar... including a tastey PRS. But minus the techno drum kit lol.

I'll take some pics soon.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
to jasonmetal

dude, that's awesome. i just have a solo project, so i write and record all the parts myself and add in most of the effects while i'm recording. usually starts out with a guitar riff when i'm writing and i'll expand on that, but other. times it starts with a bass riff. after that, i add in the keys, then drums, then vox. i really dont have much in the mic department. one mic for vox, and a few boundary mics for recording everything else. after that i'll mix and master it, so it sounds PRETTY good, but not really legit, the distortion sounds too... metallic on the recording, not as full as it should be. but i just blew my cash on a new amp, so i really cant afford new mics right now anyway.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
to jasonmetal

dude, that's awesome. i just have a solo project, so i write and record all the parts myself and add in most of the effects while i'm recording. usually starts out with a guitar riff when i'm writing and i'll expand on that, but other. times it starts with a bass riff. after that, i add in the keys, then drums, then vox. i really dont have much in the mic department. one mic for vox, and a few boundary mics for recording everything else. after that i'll mix and master it, so it sounds PRETTY good, but not really legit, the distortion sounds too... metallic on the recording, not as full as it should be. but i just blew my cash on a new amp, so i really cant afford new mics right now anyway.

Yeah, I had a solo project for quite a while. Just in the past few months got some serious musicians involved. In fact, we spend so much time on detail and quality that in three months we've only written and recorded one song. Really haven't even had the time to setup a myspace band page or even get a band name. We're working on our second track now. It's about halfway done. All this stuff took ages to buy. I've been saving since I was 11 for something like this. Still not done either. Need to buy at least one more guitar and and soon, another digital recorder. Need to upgrade.
Portugal. The Man »–

The kid in the pic isnt me, btw. its the bassist

Nothing special and very messy, but it gets the job done
Quote by The Spoon

Nothing special and very messy, but it gets the job done

What's that thingy in the last pic on the desk where all the input cables are going into?
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by alaub1491
Firepod? Nice.

Yep Its a pretty good interface

Quote by jasonmetal love
What's that thingy in the last pic on the desk where all the input cables are going into?

Its a firepod. You have a nice studio btw
I've got nothing really "professional", just what's needed to get a good sound in my room and to be able to record stuffs i've written...
forgive the lousy (and big :S) pics, I took'em with a camphone.

drums (cymbals missing)

mixtable

computer

microphone (note the sexy stand for it )

teh speakers.... (2x 10" basses, two stereo speakers, a 15 watt guitar amp (not visible), a 15 watt bass amp and two surround speakers made for computers (not visible)...)

... and what's powering them
You like it
Last edited by linus.d at Jun 11, 2008,
Quote by The Spoon

Thanks! I read up on the firepod. Sounds pretty neat actually. Good for computer recording I guess.
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love
Thanks! I read up on the firepod. Sounds pretty neat actually. Good for computer recording I guess.

Yeah it records sounds pretty well. Its just everything sounds way too quiet. I dont know how to make it louder :/
Quote by The Spoon
Yep Its a pretty good interface

So you go mixerless?

Im gonna get a DAW soon. Heres mine:

Overall shot.

Mac and interface.

Drum mics and mixer.

Speaker + condenser mics.

My baby.

Another overall shot.
Quote by alaub1491

Im gonna get a DAW soon. Heres mine:

Hey, how are those Ibanez hollow bodies? Any good? I've never really researched them and I am looking to buy a hollow body soon. I was thinking Gibson. What's your opinion? Do they produce a nice Jazz/Blues sound?
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by alaub1491
So you go mixerless?

Yeah. I prefer it that way cuz using a mixer is a pain imo.
Quote by jasonmetal love
Hey, how are those Ibanez hollow bodies? Any good? I've never really researched them and I am looking to buy a hollow body soon. I was thinking Gibson. What's your opinion? Do they produce a nice Jazz/Blues sound?

I would go with Gibson, but i really love that guitar. I play indie and post rock though so i wouldn't know about jazz. Blues however owns.
Quote by alaub1491
I would go with Gibson, but i really love that guitar. I play indie and post rock though so i wouldn't know about jazz. Blues however owns.

Okay, thanks. I just always figured Ibanez to be a cheaper version of something Gibson does best. Not that Ibanez doesn't excel in their RG series.
Portugal. The Man »–
Wow... loads of people are rich/have rich parents. I have to make do with a Webcam mic, a Micro Cube, Cheap Jackson and free Recording software.

Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
so ts you wanted to show of your prs and all your other cool toys to us people that only have a second hand squire stratocaster? and a bass amp to play it through
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Hey TS how is the sound on those electronic drums? I'm planning on getting a set myself for recording. Are they realistic sounding? Do they have lots of different effects?
TS, same guitar and metronome!

--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by sirrjj
so ts you wanted to show of your prs and all your other cool toys to us people that only have a second hand squire stratocaster? and a bass amp to play it through

I know i'm not the TS, but don't get electronic drums unless its at least like a Roland TD-9 Brain, and their V-mesh heads or whatever TS has, because anything below that ust really isn't worth it.
Quote by the_strikes
I know i'm not the TS, but don't get electronic drums unless its at least like a Roland TD-9 Brain, and their V-mesh heads or whatever TS has.

??? ehhh, wrong quote button there?
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Page 1 of 2