Hey guys. I just got my amp today. I was really excited because I've been waiting for it for a long time (I've been amp-less for almost a year now). It is a used, tube amp, and when I turned it on (on standby), it started making a noise similar to that of a microwave. After less than a minute, it started crackling and turned off. It does not turn on anymore. What happened? Is it a fuse problem? Does it need new tubes? Is it just plain broken? Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks.
It could be a tube problem but if I were you I'd go and get it checked out by a proper tech, we can't really help a lot from here.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Get it checked out by a pro, but it looks to me like you bought a dud amp or it got damaged in transit?
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
Get it checked out by a pro, but it looks to me like you bought a dud amp or it got damaged in transit?

Yea... Probably the first one
Ok, so I checked a couple of things with the amp, and found out it has a blown fuse. It blew up shortly after I turned it on. I had set the voltage at 120 before turning it on. Does anyone know why this happened? I live in the States btw. Is it still a problem with the amp?
If I understand the workings of such things correctly it could have been a bad fuse or it could still be something more serious; I'd take it to a tech anyway.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.