yeah... hahha anyone want to suggest good songs for me to learn? xD i've been playing four 6 months... slef taught... and for that i think im doing decent. i like metal. suggestions?

im a CHICK. GIRL. SHE. not he :p
Last edited by themetalnoise at Jun 11, 2008,
Tears Don't Fall - Bullet For My Valentine
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
can you play fast? if yes then there are a ton of songs to learn. Bullet for my Valentine as andy suggested has some sick guitar parts. Avenged Sevenfold have some cool songs. Pantera has some awesome songs. this is cliche but Metallica is always fun to learn.
6 mounths? Well I mean you're still in begginners so maybe bust out on the classics, try to learn all of Sweet Child of Mine (Guns 'n Roses)
-You should probably try to start picking up finger picking to for future help, try Spanish Romance, it's not by anyone just look up the tab.
--And if you wanna' start doing heavy stuff, emm symphony of destruction by Megadeath. Or if you're really feelin' it to start tremelo picking, try to learn the intro to For Your Malice by Lamb of God
Quote by andy_thomas

I'm tired of people suggesting that as Metal...

Does anybody recall that they were once the most emo piece of trash ever to walk this earth?

and now people are comparing them to Black sabbath?

Wrong.

anyways, given your playing skill I'd suggest an easy metal song as Five finger death punch "the bleeding" even though the solos are challenging the main riff and chorus are fairly easy. Pantera and metallica are also good suggestions.
Enter Sandman is really easy (aside from the solo which isn't that difficult either) and sounds cool.
Quote by Flamingrhythm

Does anybody recall that they were once the most emo piece of trash ever to walk this earth?

agreed, man.
bfmv = yuckkkkky. hate them.
Quote by andy_thomas

Suffocating under words of sorrow - Bullet for my valentine.

That's another good one.
Quote by Flamingrhythm

and now people are comparing them to Black sabbath?

Wrong.

anyways, given your playing skill I'd suggest an easy metal song as Five finger death punch "the bleeding" even though the solos are challenging the main riff and chorus are fairly easy. Pantera and metallica are also good suggestions.

don't bash a genre of music just cuz you don't like it. you don't see him bashing your favorite band do you? he's asking for good songs to learn he never said they had to be metal, he just said he likes metal. god, why are people such pricks sometimes?
to TS: another band you could look into is AC/DC. they have some really heavy stuff and also some songs that aren't terribly hard, ie. Back in Black, etc.
Quote by ortrigger
he just said he likes metal. god, why are people such pricks sometimes?
to TS: another band you could look into is AC/DC. they have some really heavy stuff and also some songs that aren't terribly hard, ie. Back in Black, etc.

woooh AC/DC, thanks man. and lol... im a chick ;] SHE... not HE ;]
Quote by themetalnoise
woooh AC/DC, thanks man. and lol... im a chick ;] SHE... not HE ;]

sorry. didn't mean to be sexist or whatever. when i don't know a persons gender i just habitually say he. and ya, AC/DC has some great stuff. have fun with it.
Quote by ortrigger
don't bash a genre of music just cuz you don't like it. you don't see him bashing your favorite band do you? he's asking for good songs to learn he never said they had to be metal, he just said he likes metal. god, why are people such pricks sometimes?

he wasn't bashing a genre man.

he was pissed that people are suggesting "bullet for my valentine" is metal.
Quote by daryle_goh
he wasn't bashing a genre man.

he was pissed that people are suggesting "bullet for my valentine" is metal.

oh ya? how do you explain the whole "they used to be the biggest pile of emo ****" part of his post? the guy never said they were metal. he was suggesting a song, just a song, that TS could learn.

TS: if you really want to challenge yourself, As I Lay Dying have some killer guitar parts.
Quote by ortrigger
oh ya? how do you explain the whole "they used to be the biggest pile of emo ****" part of his post? the guy never said they were metal. he was suggesting a song, just a song, that TS could learn.

TS: if you really want to challenge yourself, As I Lay Dying have some killer guitar parts.

alright. i take it back. i didnt read the earlier posts. sorry.