Ok so I started a little project. I guess you could call it experimental/post hardcore/funk.

This isn't the full song but this is where the guitar comes in, but I am so clueless on what to do next, Maybe someone can give me some pointers or even add your own riffs to it :0 I plan on keeping the song short since I can not write lengthy songs. Please help me out!
Attachments:
code pancakes.zip
well first of all thats only 3 riffs and you can't really give it a genre yet

if you're only the first 12 seconds into a song and you're already having a block, then you should probably scrap it. Don't try to force music.

You should also try posting some thing for us to go buy i.e. powertabs / guitar pro.
Thats not the beginning of the song. I'm not a guitarist so its a little difficult writing for a guitar. Gah I just need a guitarist to tell me some interesting chords and such. I always do the same basic stuff over and over again because I'm not sure what else to do.
Quote by xSBx
Thats not the beginning of the song. I'm not a guitarist so its a little difficult writing for a guitar. Gah I just need a guitarist to tell me some interesting chords and such. I always do the same basic stuff over and over again because I'm not sure what else to do.

So you should probably include everything you've got so far so people kinda have idea where you're going with the song. There are plenty of routes to take from what you've posted, but it could totally counter act with what you've already got.
Ok so this is what I have so far. Someone please help out. The synth in the midi is going to be the guitar in the final mix. Midi and GP file included Remember this is suppose to be a little punk, so don't mind the lack of technicality.
Attachments:
New Project.zip
Last edited by xSBx at Jun 12, 2008,